i believe the DMR's rate of fire should be lowered

#41RanmaRanmaPosted 11/27/2012 10:40:42 PM
Nerfing the DMR is dumb, it feels good. Just buff the BR. If you nerf the DMR think about how much better you make all the power weapons. You're just making shotguns, rockets, swords, etc better. That's stupid and you're stupid if you think nerfing the DMR is a good solution imo.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#42_BakasamaPosted 11/27/2012 10:43:58 PM
The Beanster posted...
I agree in theory but think it would be too difficult to pull off well without returning to one of the big problems that Reach had (and one which is far, far, far, FAR worse than the issue of the BR being slightly weaker than the DMR): DMR battles being determined by luck and thus rewarding spam over pacing even though the *intent* of the weapon's design is to encourage pacing.

Ah, you've made a good point. I'm now sitting here wondering how they could actually implement pacing. Making it fire in wild directions without pacing would be entirely unrealistic... and increasing the firing rate would just make it essentially equivalent to the BR...
I got nothin'.
#43frankmarlowePosted 11/27/2012 10:46:33 PM
Honestly, I'm tired of the DMR spam as well. I'd love to see a lower rate of fire. And maybe, just maybe, lower it's damage against vehicles and give that trait to the AR/SU/SR instead. I would like to see a reason to use something other than the DMR.

For a "long range" weapon, it works a little too well at medium and close. Also, it would be nice to see a reason to use something other than that gun, especially on larger maps.
#44jakisthePosted 11/27/2012 10:53:50 PM
RanmaRanma posted...
Nerfing the DMR is dumb, it feels good. Just buff the BR. If you nerf the DMR think about how much better you make all the power weapons. You're just making shotguns, rockets, swords, etc better. That's stupid and you're stupid if you think nerfing the DMR is a good solution imo.

Pretty sure those were already better. The point is to make the other starters better. Which is what nerfing the DMR does. As opposed to just buffing the BR, which still leaves all the others behind.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#45The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 10:57:25 PM
jakisthe posted...
RanmaRanma posted...

Pretty sure those were already better. The point is to make the other starters better. Which is what nerfing the DMR does. As opposed to just buffing the BR, which still leaves all the others behind.

I think you missed his point. His point (which is correct btw) is that having a strong primary weapon enables you to have a chance at dealing with power weapon users. Having a weaker primary weapon is an indirect buff of all power/ordinance weapons. And as you say, they're already better (in their respective niches), so they don't need further buffing.

Also... if the point is to make other starting weapons better, then you should just do that. Nerfing the DMR isn't making the other guns better, it's making the DMR weaker.

I agree that if the BR is to be buffed the carbine should get a slight buff as well, but the LR and DMR are about even right now.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#46_BakasamaPosted 11/27/2012 11:03:26 PM
The Beanster posted...

I agree that if the BR is to be buffed the carbine should get a slight buff as well, but the LR and DMR are about even right now.

Yeah, right now all the carbine has going for it is a 'scare factor'. It's time-to-kill isn't really high at all, so it really only gives the illusion of pressure, when really it's just a weapon that allows you to fire rapidly and miss more often to gain assists rather than kills (or to finish players off)
#47jakisthePosted 11/27/2012 11:04:16 PM
Hmm...good point about the power weapons. Although honestly, I don't think there needs to be THAT drastic of changes.

-less DMR bullet magnetism
-more DMR scope wobble when hit
-54 rnd AR mag
-raise carbine firing rate a bit
-tighten surpressor spread

And done.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#48ajko000Posted 11/28/2012 12:14:30 AM
Totally agree, but I also agree that it won't happen.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone can think it's the better weapon, when statistically speaking most of the weapons are scattered on the charts in terms of accuracy, rate of fire, range effectiveness, and combat consistency.

Then again, most people who blindly prefer the DMR "cuz 'Merica" or "cuz it quickerest kill har har har!" are most likely wannabees or hardcore Jarheads.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#49ya_about_whatPosted 11/28/2012 12:20:47 AM
Maybe they could make it so the gun jams if fired too fast, thus requiring you to have skill to use but still rewarding it.
---
I fought the mods, and the, mods won
#50NatedPosted 11/28/2012 1:00:03 PM(edited)
The Beanster posted...
Nated posted...
Halo 4 has the most potential at launch of any Halo release yet IMO

Halo 2 matchmaking was entirely SMG start until at least six months after release and Bungie clearly weren't thinking competitive with the addition of bloom

343 at least recognizes that precision starting weapons is how the game should be played and bloom is terrible

Yeah... but the lack of a ranked/social playlist distinction, instant respawns, ordinance drops + no regular weapons on map, and to a lesser extent loadouts all work against the game being truly competitive. Competitive Halo play since H2 has been based around map/PW control, and H4 removed that element and put nothing back in its place to center competitive play around.

I think Halo 4 is worlds better than Reach ever was (although I did enjoy ZBNS Reach somewhat), but I'm not convinced that it has the potential of the original trilogy for competition at either a matchmaking or tournament level. I'm less convinced of its potential for matchmaking competition (which I care about) than its potential for tournament competition (which I don't)

Well, to that point, most of the competitive playlists in previous Halos also came much later. But, I've been enjoying Team Slayer Pro quite a bit. and the low population is actually pretty cool because I frequently run into the same guys over a period of a few nights

But, I do agree with some of your points. Instant respawn in oddball may be the worst decision ever made.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nated-1581/
GT: Nated