How is Sarah Palmer commander of all Spartans??

#41CrimsonCorpPosted 11/28/2012 8:22:46 AM
I can't believe I ever picked on Noble team for not being as "awesome" as the Spartan II's. Forget the SII's (They're in a league of their own.) Spartan 3's are so much more impressive compared to these spartan 4's, who I agree seem to sound a lot more like the halo community....

And obviously real life military chatter does sound more like Palmer and her SP4's, I get that. but what was amazing with the Spartans was that they were raised to be ungodly killing machines who had such a level of discipline that borders on insane. The Marines present throughout the games talked the trash, but once a Spartan stepped in... you know sh** just got real.

Spartan 4's are now blurring the line between both, and Palmer personifies this new wave of Spartans, so it's completely understandable that people are kind of turned of by her (including me).
#42chamber29Posted 11/28/2012 8:32:34 AM
hmmm...and I fully expected "Because women had a huge part in creating halo 4, make some sexist remarks in MP and see how fast you get banned." to be in one of the first 5 replies. I skimmed through all of the pages and never saw that once, not sure if I'm surprised or impressed or both.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#43WingZero0782Posted 11/28/2012 10:29:16 AM
I hope she doesn't bark orders at Chief in Halo 5, he out ranks that ***** and he's superior to all of the SIII & IV's, Lasky & Halsey should only be the ones to give him orders.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#44SomnambulisticPosted 11/28/2012 4:48:49 PM
I hope she doesn't bark orders at Chief in Halo 5, he out ranks that ***** and he's superior to all of the SIII & IV's, Lasky & Halsey should only be the ones to give him orders.

He doesn't actually. The rank of Master Chief is really not that high.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#45spacecowboy44Posted 11/28/2012 4:55:57 PM
you seem just a tid bit mad...may i suggest listening to some soft and relaxing music while taking a bath?
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#46WingZero0782Posted 11/28/2012 4:56:53 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...

He doesn't actually. The rank of Master Chief is really not that high.

He's a Spartan II and a war hero, his rank shouldn't mean anything and it's basically just a name.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#47ChokeStanPosted 11/28/2012 5:03:04 PM
Jolteon posted...
I don't really see her belittling anyone in her command, just the usual trash talking and typical "you're telling me more info than I need, so get to the point" replies.

Then you aren't really paying attention.

Belittling and trash talking aren't the same thing.
#48PoppadopPosted 11/28/2012 5:32:18 PM
jihadwarrior posted...
Anyone Jennifer Hale voices I instantly fall in love with. Couldn't disagree with you more man.

Not even Hale could make me overcome my dislike of Palmer's abrasiveness.

MikeScalzi posted...
I think they should kill her off and bring back Fred or another Spartan II to lead them.

Agreed. And what did they do with the S-IIs, anyway? Wanna bet this was Parangosky's doing to make sure no one on Infinity liked Halsey?

WingZero0782 posted...
He's a Spartan II and a war hero, his rank shouldn't mean anything and it's basically just a name.

Still, that's really not how ranks work. Enlisted and NCOs, like Chief, are always outranked by officers, like Palmer. Higher ranks can choose to defer to lower ranks due to knowledge or experience, like Fred does with Mendez, but they don't have to.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#49cobaltlotusPosted 11/28/2012 5:35:16 PM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I hate both Sarah Palmer AND Jennifer Hale. Oh boy, I bet most of you want to kill me right now, eh?

Never understood why everyone gets such a hard on for Hale's voice.

I hate Hale's voice. Every time you hear her in Mass Effect, she sounds like an evil ***** and it sounds like she's ready to shank somebody who so much as looks at her sideways.

Her line delivery was pretty poor in that franchise. She sounded the same throughout the whole franchise.. At least Meer got a little more emotional towards the end of the trilogy.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#50AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/28/2012 5:42:00 PM
cobaltlotus posted...
I hate Hale's voice. Every time you hear her in Mass Effect, she sounds like an evil ***** and it sounds like she's ready to shank somebody who so much as looks at her sideways.

and that doesn't make you hard? >_>
---
The Reclamation has begun!