Halo 4 flaws and possible improvements for Halo 5.

#1PAL360Posted 11/28/2012 9:45:33 AM
First of all, let me say that Halo 4 was a good surprise. Unlike i was expecting, 343i did an awesome job. Better job than Bungie have been doing after the first trilogy, in my opinion. That said, there are some unforgivable 'flaws', i would like to be 'solved' in Halo 5:

- No campaign matchmaking? What's the point of having campaign coop, these days, if you don't have the ability to play it with randoms?

- Lack of scarabs! Those were probably the most epic moments i ever had in a Halo game. Halo 5 running on next gen hardware, could possible handle an open battle with 5 or 6 scarabs :p

- Get rid of lag in Halo coop modes. Firefight had it, Spartan Ops also has it...Why is that?

- QTE? Seriously?? Halo is known for it's open and free gameplay. QTE is last gen.

- More multiplayer maps, or at least make every map be playable in every mode. I'm mostly a BTB player, so i'm limited to 3 or 4 maps. Also why not let us play Big team in small maps? I think it would be epic.

- Higher player count would also be wellcome. Halo 5 will probably come to Xbox 3, so it would be cool to have BTB with up to 32 players.

- Where is Big team objective?
#2BeastlyIguanaPosted 11/28/2012 9:47:11 AM
Qte?
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#3rincewind1990Posted 11/28/2012 9:48:17 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...
Qte?

Quick Time Event.
#4ARsignal11Posted 11/28/2012 9:49:31 AM
rincewind1990 posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
Qte?

Quick Time Event.

I never understood this complaint. There's like 2-3 QTE events that I can remember. It's not like they are present throughout the entire game.
#5Asherlee10Posted 11/28/2012 9:50:09 AM
PAL360 posted...
- No campaign matchmaking? What's the point of having campaign coop, these days, if you don't have the ability to play it with randoms?

I thought that was coming up soon.

PAL360 posted...
- More multiplayer maps, or at least make every map be playable in every mode. I'm mostly a BTB player, so i'm limited to 3 or 4 maps. Also why not let us play Big team in small maps? I think it would be epic.

You're gonna catch some grief about this one. People complain that all the maps are too large, except for Haven. Apparently.

PAL360 posted...
- Higher player count would also be wellcome. Halo 5 will probably come to Xbox 3, so it would be cool to have BTB with up to 32 players.

What?!?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#6chamber29Posted 11/28/2012 9:50:29 AM
Stop trying to define the buzz word of innovative by putting your spin on popular aspects of other games. Come up with something original or just give us new maps to perform classic gameplay on...
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#7fineline122Posted 11/28/2012 9:58:23 AM
More maps. Ranking system. That is all.
#8PAL360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:59:15 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
rincewind1990 posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
Qte?

Quick Time Event.

I never understood this complaint. There's like 2-3 QTE events that I can remember. It's not like they are present throughout the entire game.

Qte are ok in some games, like Heavy Rain or Walking Dead, but i don't think they fit in Halo gameplay formula. I think that making the final boss a quick time event was a pretty lazy idea. If 343i want to take notes from other games, then look at how 3D Metroid games handle boss fights.
#9PAL360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 10:01:22 AM
At Asherlee10:
'Higher player count would also be wellcome. Halo 5 will probably come to Xbox 3, so it would be cool to have BTB with up to 32 players'

'What?!?'

Yes, i think a higher player count would be nice.
#10Asherlee10Posted 11/28/2012 10:02:36 AM
PAL360 posted...
Yes, i think a higher player count would be nice.

You don't think it would be too congested?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg