Why is complex even in the game?

#41Echoe_ACPosted 11/28/2012 10:15:27 AM
My vote would probably still be for Charon or Colossus as the worst.
#42That1GuyyPosted 11/28/2012 10:27:10 AM
Zealot was one of the few well made maps in Reach. I cannot believe people actually disliked it. I mean, I can get disliking it because it reminds you of Midship, but disliking it relative to the other maps in Reach? lmao.

Complex is a bad map. It has one extremely powerful power position and a massive amount of open, coverless spaces that the power position has sight lines on. And on CTF, the map is not balanced, because said power position favors red's defense.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#43David_BoreanazPosted 11/28/2012 10:31:00 AM
Worst map in the history of Halo, I'd have to give that to Tombstone, Backwash, and Spire. Play CTF on Spire and tell me that complex is worse with a straight face.
---
XBL Gamertag: Dave Winchester
#44Asherlee10Posted 11/28/2012 10:31:10 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Zealot was one of the few well made maps in Reach. I cannot believe people actually disliked it. I mean, I can get disliking it because it reminds you of Midship, but disliking it relative to the other maps in Reach? lmao.

I disliked it because I never played well on it (completely irrational hate, I know) and second, I dislike everyone running around in a circle. It gave me vertigo sometimes.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#45chamber29Posted 11/28/2012 10:31:20 AM
That1Guyy posted...

Complex is a bad map. It has one extremely powerful power position and a massive amount of open, coverless spaces that the power position has sight lines on. And on CTF, the map is not balanced, because said power position favors red's defense.

Still disagree with the bold text
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#46That1GuyyPosted 11/28/2012 10:39:46 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
I dislike everyone running around in a circle. It gave me vertigo sometimes.

That's unfortunate.

chamber29 posted...

The rooftop can shut out blue from their own flag. You can't do that to red's flag.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#47rubthetipPosted 11/28/2012 10:46:09 AM
I absolutely despised Complex at first, but now that people are picking it more often (due to the severe lack of map variety), I'm starting to like it a lot more. If you're playing with people who are decent at the game, there really aren't many people running out in the open outside, so it becomes a game of controlling the interiors and the outside routes that connect them.
#48Pro7oPosted 11/28/2012 10:47:26 AM
complex, somewhat comparable to terminal
---
"Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad"
#49chamber29Posted 11/28/2012 10:47:44 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
I dislike everyone running around in a circle. It gave me vertigo sometimes.

That's unfortunate.

chamber29 posted...

The rooftop can shut out blue from their own flag. You can't do that to red's flag.

No it can't...there are places there where you are not exposed to the roof and still have good sight lines for any enemy coming to steal your flag. I recognize that it is harder to find the good defense spots for blue, so maybe that does make it unbalanced. Initially I always assume I am missing something, if it doesn't seem fair, not the designers.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#50bearded_moosePosted 11/28/2012 10:49:10 AM
i like Abandon AND Adrift, and i love ghosting on complex.

TC is a bad.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12