Why do we have a railgun?

#21lderivedxPosted 11/28/2012 6:16:56 PM
because it's coooool.

Made me think of this:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2088
---
I was a Captain Grade 3 back in Halo 3 and every other incredibly good player out there who didnt hack was at least an officer-Lawfish66
#22ramzariotPosted 11/28/2012 6:17:19 PM
jakisthe posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
because it's coooool.

Great quote.

Your signature is the conversation between Fry and Morgan isn't it? I should really watch Futurama again.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#23xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/28/2012 6:22:02 PM
Cyanocitta posted...
Dead_Steev posted...
Yea while we're at it I dont see the point to the DMR, shotgun, assault rifle etc since none of them are as good as the Rocket Launcher....

The rocket launcher and railgun serve a mostly similar purpose, mid-range instant kills. The comparisons seem justifiable to me.

Not really. Rockets are much better than the railgun. If they put rockets in ordinance as often as Railgun, it would be severely OP.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#24WillmaticPosted 11/28/2012 6:24:11 PM
Because its a skilled power weapon, not very noob friendly. As is the sticky detonator, concussion rifle, and the Reach grenade launcher. Most people suck with it, but in the right hands and can be deadly.
#25Happy_MCGPosted 11/28/2012 6:26:46 PM(edited)
Railgun is an easy killing spree in most modes. The charge is really quick.
---
NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM FEED THE TROLLS YUMMY BACON - love_pirate
#26iRGushPosted 11/28/2012 6:27:03 PM
Railgun is amazing
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#27pblimp360Posted 11/28/2012 6:29:26 PM
I LOVE the Railgun. It charges up quick enough, and I almost never miss with it.

It also looks ten kinds of badass.
---
#Halo 4
#28mudkip72Posted 11/28/2012 6:30:53 PM
While weaker than the Spartan Laser, it charges quicker and you can hold a full charge for an extra second instead of being forced to fire immediately at full charge, making it more reliable in a pinch. Plus it just seems cool.
#29CyanocittaPosted 11/28/2012 6:35:13 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
Cyanocitta posted...
Dead_Steev posted...
Yea while we're at it I dont see the point to the DMR, shotgun, assault rifle etc since none of them are as good as the Rocket Launcher....

The rocket launcher and railgun serve a mostly similar purpose, mid-range instant kills. The comparisons seem justifiable to me.

Not really. Rockets are much better than the railgun. If they put rockets in ordinance as often as Railgun, it would be severely OP.

You have misunderstood my statement. I never stated the railgun to be superior to rockets, simply that they are comparable in their roles. A role that rockets excels in more greatly.

If you believe their roles do not over-lap then please explain to me some advantages of the railgun vs rockets. Long range, absolutely stationary enemy kills is the only one I have thought of so far.
#30I have no namePosted 11/28/2012 6:41:06 PM
Cyanocitta posted...
xxBloodBathxx posted...
Cyanocitta posted...
Dead_Steev posted...

You have misunderstood my statement. I never stated the railgun to be superior to rockets, simply that they are comparable in their roles. A role that rockets excels in more greatly.

If you believe their roles do not over-lap then please explain to me some advantages of the railgun vs rockets. Long range, absolutely stationary enemy kills is the only one I have thought of so far.

Why do they have to be stationary? Isn't the railgun a near-instant hit?
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"