Why do we have a railgun?

#41caffiend7Posted 11/28/2012 8:43:25 PM
Because METAL GEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#42I have no namePosted 11/28/2012 8:54:01 PM
bigboss223 posted...
because halo is a "weapons with character" game. some halo fans dont even realize it. call of duty has a crapload of weapons. but if its a rifle with a red dot, my k/d goes unaffected because all the weapons do similar damage with similar accuracy and reload times. each weapon in halo is supposed to play distinct. given their options are limited by story as well, they need to put as many fresh weapons as possible. the rocket should be excluded from comparison since its covenant brother is the fusion. there was no human version of the spartan. class dismissed lol

...what?
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#43jakisthePosted 11/28/2012 9:00:38 PM
XEvent-HorizonX posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_caa0nz6UY

F*** YOU! I WANTED TO POST THAT! Not the exact version like this though...

Make a version of that song with just the sound effects from the railgun, and then post it.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#44ODommPosted 11/28/2012 9:25:54 PM
I looooove the Railgun. It seems to have a pretty good area of effect when you are trying to 0HKO someone.
I played a good amount of SniperFli too (Railguns and Snipers with unlimited, 200% thrusters... yea you know the game :))) so I'm not too shabby with one
---
Proud Audiophile
#45TheIastspartanPosted 11/28/2012 9:37:57 PM
It's probably my favorite new weapon TBH. Sucks against vehicles, but I love it SOOOOO much on smaller maps. It's just so satisfying.
#46mike468Posted 11/28/2012 9:45:38 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
It's probably my favorite new weapon TBH. Sucks against vehicles, but I love it SOOOOO much on smaller maps. It's just so satisfying.

Yeah same here. One of the few power weapons I really like. I think it actually fires faster than the rocket launcher, plus you really don't have to worry about splash damage in close quarters. The only downside IMO is there is no way to cancel the shot while its powering up.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#47Kage-No_KazePosted 11/28/2012 9:46:54 PM
What it really needs is more force, who cares if you don't kill a Hog in 2 hits when one sends it into a barrel roll
#48El_Gato_Muerto0Posted 11/28/2012 9:50:02 PM
Anti-Personal Anti-Vehicular weapon that spawns on the ground and or in an ordinance.
Use it on a Ghost for an easy kill or a Warthog if they havent seen or shot you yet, Id like to Plasma Pistol a Banshee then quick swap to the Railgun to blast him
---
or should all this be disregarded because it was by toie and he sucks???? - HowBoutThatU
#49CyanocittaPosted 11/28/2012 9:51:48 PM
mike468 posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

Yeah same here. One of the few power weapons I really like. I think it actually fires faster than the rocket launcher, plus you really don't have to worry about splash damage in close quarters. The only downside IMO is there is no way to cancel the shot while its powering up.

Just a thought, how about swapping weapons? That cancels most other guns that need a charge.
#50XImperialDragonPosted 11/28/2012 9:55:03 PM
I have no idea why the Railgun is being compared directly to the rocket launcher when the Railgun has double the occurrence chance of the launcher.

The Railgun is an anti-personnel Spartan Laser, for some reason, I am wtf'ing at the rocket launcher comparisons considering the weapons don't even come close to sharing the same roles or function in the same way (the Laser and Launcher both do the same thing: Blow up literally everything and anything for instant kills or 2 shot kills. The Laser and Railgun at least control comparably, however).

What I don't like is that it shares an occurrence slot with the Spartan Laser, which, well, does practically the same job. I'd lose being able to hold the charge in the barrel for .5 seconds to gain the ability to blow up Banshees and Warthogs. I almost get depressed every time I see a Railgun on a big team map because I'd prefer to shoot a Mantis' shield away with my DMR and Laser it to hell than have the Railgun for picking off idiots.

Either way, though, the Railgun is freaking awesome on the smaller maps, which is probably what it was intended for anyway, I just don't see it on any non-Complex, non-Big Team map very often. Which is probably because its not in the rotation of ordnance weapons on smaller maps. Go figure.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.