343 needs to wake the **** up.

#1NightmanxComethPosted 11/28/2012 7:20:35 PM
Look at how fast the community has dwindled in less than a month, and a lot of it has to do with how poorly 343 has handled this game. I actually think this game is great and a huge step up from Reach, but 343 is dropping the ball big time.

-Arbitrary level cap is making players quit by the boatload, granted they shouldn't have played so much/consumed so much gamer fuel but still, 343 should have been prepared for this.

-Same maps over, and over, and over, and OVER. They have 3 forge maps on disc that aren't in any of the multiplayer playlists! Why?!

-File Browser is STILL not up. (correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked it wasn't)

-The playlist are just plain stupid. Like someone at 343 needs to get punched in the face stupid. Why split up all the objective games instead of having one playlist? Why have two FFA playlists that don't include Slayer like Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves? Where the **** is Big Team Objective and that bomb planting gametype? Why take out Snipers and leave in crappy SWAT? The decisions here just baffle me.

It seems to me they're focusing too much on crappy Spartan Ops which most people will only play once. They are completely forgetting about the important things and all the while people are jumping ship. Did they forget that Black Ops 2 just came out? They don't have time to just dick around and not polish the multiplayer package while a new CoD is in stores. Casuals are dropping this game like crazy and moving on to CoD. Soon its just gonna be the Halo loyalists playing this game and its not even a month old. Even Reach lasted longer than that.
---
They took you Night Man and you don't belong to them. They left me in a world of darkness without your sexy hands and I miss you, Night Man... so bad.
#2demonicshockPosted 11/28/2012 7:32:31 PM
NightmanxCometh posted...
Look at how fast the community has dwindled in less than a month, and a lot of it has to do with how poorly 343 has handled this game. I actually think this game is great and a huge step up from Reach, but 343 is dropping the ball big time.

-Arbitrary level cap is making players quit by the boatload, granted they shouldn't have played so much/consumed so much gamer fuel but still, 343 should have been prepared for this.

-Same maps over, and over, and over, and OVER. They have 3 forge maps on disc that aren't in any of the multiplayer playlists! Why?!

-File Browser is STILL not up. (correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked it wasn't)

-The playlist are just plain stupid. Like someone at 343 needs to get punched in the face stupid. Why split up all the objective games instead of having one playlist? Why have two FFA playlists that don't include Slayer like Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves? Where the **** is Big Team Objective and that bomb planting gametype? Why take out Snipers and leave in crappy SWAT? The decisions here just baffle me.

It seems to me they're focusing too much on crappy Spartan Ops which most people will only play once. They are completely forgetting about the important things and all the while people are jumping ship. Did they forget that Black Ops 2 just came out? They don't have time to just dick around and not polish the multiplayer package while a new CoD is in stores. Casuals are dropping this game like crazy and moving on to CoD. Soon its just gonna be the Halo loyalists playing this game and its not even a month old. Even Reach lasted longer than that.

I agree overall with this. It's lackluster. It has great potential but 343i won't utilize the power they've been given with this franchise.
---
u wot m8
GT: cemetery ghoul
#3Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/28/2012 7:35:20 PM
Yeah, this game could have been a lot smoother. I'm really surprised at how the File Browser is still not working despite being close to the end of the month.

They need better playlists and need to prioritise them properly. FFA Objective or whatever it's called is hardly what the fans are screaming for right now.

I also think they need to fix the lag problems. I know you can't "fix" lag but matchmaking could definitely be a lot smoother.
---
I don't care.
#4Blue_ChevalierPosted 11/28/2012 7:42:26 PM
Wake up? It's not happening.
---
They are similar, yes. But like your girlfriend and your sister, someone is gonna be pissed if you mix them up.
#5Orange_ApplePosted 11/28/2012 7:44:06 PM
Number 2 most played game on xbl. Yeah, community sure is dying.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#6The BeansterPosted 11/28/2012 7:44:52 PM
NightmanxCometh posted...

This might just be arguing semantics, but I actually don't think that the community has dwindled all that much in the past month. People who buy the game, beat the campaign, play 20 multiplayer games and move on aren't really part of the Halo community. The Halo community as a whole has been on the decline since Halo 3, in my opinion because the developers have decided to move the game(s) in a noncompetitive direction. All that we're seeing now is that H4 isn't likely to bolster the community back up very much... it will sit around the levels it's been at for the past year or two.

The reality is that a huge chunk of gamers have moved on from Halo as their main MP game. It's just not the dominant force on the market anymore. In my opinion, Halo's core identity was that it was the FPS for people who wanted a competitive shooter, but Bungie and now 343 have sort of given up on developing that identity, and so you're left with a game that really has no single calling card to build a fanbase around, which is a problem in a gaming market which every year offers more legitimate alternatives to Halo for players to sink their time into.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#7Crazyplayer042Posted 11/28/2012 7:45:08 PM
The playlists do leave something to be desired. Its just too split up. Better to have Slayer, Objective, Big Team Objective, FFA, and then vote for the gametype/map like in the previous Halo.
---
Remember, mudcrabs feel only hatred.
STEAM ID: http://tinyurl.com/7swq4no
#8I have no namePosted 11/28/2012 7:50:27 PM(edited)

My theory is that they were just so obsessed with showing off they'd changed each gametype that they forgot what the players actually wanted. Would anyone be unhappy with these playlists?

BTB with objective and slayer
Infinity Slayer
FFA slayer
Team objective with 4-5 people on teams
Grifball
Slayer Pro
MLG *maybe replace slayer pro with this*

Where did they stick oddball in the old Halo games? I never play it so I'm not sure where it'd go.

Of course my biggest gripe with 343 right now is that me and several hundred other paying customers have been trapped in craptacular near empty back-up servers and stuck at SR1 for 3 ****ing days.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#9eastgotenksPosted 11/28/2012 7:51:11 PM
I agree. They are being really stupid.

-No BTB objective games?... What are they thinking...

- 3 maps in game that are unused... Are they stupid?

- File browser down for who knows how long... Why?

- No 1 flag ctf, assault, or lone wolf... Morons.
#10The BeansterPosted 11/28/2012 7:52:48 PM
I have no name posted...
My theory is that they were just so obsesdsed with showing off they'd changed each gametype that they forgot what the players actually wanted. Would anyone be unhapy with these playlists?

Bungie with Reach and now 343i with H4 have just shown that they either don't know or don't care what their core players want from a Halo game. I don't know if they are just clueless, if they're stubbornly trying to force their own vision of the game on their customers, or if they're just ignoring core players in an attempt to get more $$$ from casuals who buy the game but then discard it a week later.

I honestly don't know. I do know that neither Reach nor H4 are good for the long term viability of Halo's multiplayer.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage