POLL: On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate Halo 4?

#11Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 9:49:49 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The Beanster posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Would be 3.5, but choosing 3 on the poll. Low map count (including currently unused maps), file browser still not working, map quality, how the game plays, Spartan Ops being completely lackluster (and also disc-locked time-released content...), etc. It's by no means bad, but I'm not having as much fun as I did with Halo 3. I'd move that rating up to probably a 4 out of 5 after all the map DLC comes out so that there's much more variety (if we don't keep voting Ragnarok and Exile every time that is) and there's been enough time to get an idea of how well 343 is going to circulate the playlists. Still waiting to see their version of Rocket Race, for better or for worse.

The game definitely needs more maps, I think that's one of very few things everyone here would agree on.

Also, why isn't the file browser working? That's kinda lame... I thought it was just my network being weird or something.

Because they haven't implemented it yet, or haven't fixed what they've messed up. I've not even seen them comment on the situation, but they might have somewhere. At any rate, a core mechanic for the community not working is something you just can't look the other way on release day and almost a month after the game has been out. You can pull up files for individual gamertags if you know the tag you want to look at, but you can't browse / search.

CORE mechanic? its just fileshare...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#12X250Posted 11/28/2012 9:49:57 PM
Initially I didn't like it. Then I played Black Ops 2 and came screaming back to this.

4/5
#13yomi52Posted 11/28/2012 9:52:24 PM
---
CaptHowdy
#14OmALY_03Posted 11/28/2012 9:53:34 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

---
Give me your MONEY!!!
#15The Beanster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:53:39 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The Beanster posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Would be 3.5, but choosing 3 on the poll. Low map count (including currently unused maps), file browser still not working, map quality, how the game plays, Spartan Ops being completely lackluster (and also disc-locked time-released content...), etc. It's by no means bad, but I'm not having as much fun as I did with Halo 3. I'd move that rating up to probably a 4 out of 5 after all the map DLC comes out so that there's much more variety (if we don't keep voting Ragnarok and Exile every time that is) and there's been enough time to get an idea of how well 343 is going to circulate the playlists. Still waiting to see their version of Rocket Race, for better or for worse.

The game definitely needs more maps, I think that's one of very few things everyone here would agree on.

Also, why isn't the file browser working? That's kinda lame... I thought it was just my network being weird or something.

Because they haven't implemented it yet, or haven't fixed what they've messed up. I've not even seen them comment on the situation, but they might have somewhere. At any rate, a core mechanic for the community not working is something you just can't look the other way on release day and almost a month after the game has been out. You can pull up files for individual gamertags if you know the tag you want to look at, but you can't browse / search.

I'll never understand why they didn't just hit ctrl+c on all the UI/file share/etc code from Bungie, and then ctrl+v into Halo 4 and then maybe just change some visuals around without altering the basic design. Everything about Bungie's UI was better and I don't understand how a previously working feature (file share) could suddenly get broken.

Seems silly to me.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#16NovaLevossidaPosted 11/28/2012 9:53:44 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
The Beanster posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

CORE mechanic? its just fileshare...

CORE mechanic "for the community." Not for the gameplay itself. This was something that Halo 3 offered that there wasn't really a competing service in other online FPS games on consoles, including CoD. Black Ops put that in, of course, for theater mode, and I imagine Black Ops 2's sharing worked as well (I could browse, but I never bothered downloading). I'm just really sad to see CoD taking the feature and having it integrated now and Halo not have it working on release.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#17Happy_MCGPosted 11/28/2012 9:56:58 PM(edited)
4.5ish.

Campaign was enjoyable, if a few hours too short.

I think a few more missions would have done a lot to improve the pace of the campaign and flesh out the story without having to find terminals.

Multiplayer is pretty awesome. I like the faster pace as well as the additional customization they added. Specializations were a stroke of genius, even if they weren't implemented very well.

I also really like the multiplayer map designs with a few exceptions (in conjunction with certain game modes): Complex for SWAT (Boring, in my opinion) and Abandon for Infinity Slayer (HURR DURR RUSH THE TOWER DERP).

Rotational playlists are never a good idea, even when done right. There will always be people unhappy when game types get removed. Just let people play what they want to play.

Who's idea was it not have a traditional FFA game type available? Fire them.

Also, Spartan Ops isn't a proper replacement for Firefight.

Just my two cents.
---
NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM FEED THE TROLLS YUMMY BACON - love_pirate
#18pblimp360Posted 11/28/2012 9:54:33 PM
I like the 1-10 scale more personally, but I voted a 4, because there are a few things that I think 343 could've done better. What they did do however is make an excellent game.

Certainly worthy of conversation of the GOTY award.
---
#Halo 4
#19The Beanster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:55:29 PM
pblimp360 posted...
I like the 1-10 scale more personally

me too but I didn't think the poll would get enough votes to warrant 10 choices
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#20BigRobb2389Posted 11/28/2012 9:56:58 PM
It has 5/5 potential

but right now its like a 3.8-4.