Riding in the Mantis is making me sick to my stomach....

#1EternalNetherPosted 11/28/2012 9:02:28 PM
And I mean that literally. I've never had problems with first person games, though I hear some people do. I think it's a problem with FoV (Field of View) for people that get sick playing them.

Yet as I sit here playing the campaign and getting my first ride in a Mantis, I feel utterly nauseated. There's a slight dizzy sensation, along with the strange feeling that I'm bouncing up and down where I sit, even though I'm not. Ever as I paused it to come type this, I'm still feeling it.

Has this happened to anyone else?
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#2X250Posted 11/28/2012 9:08:02 PM
I only have this problem while playing PC games.
My advice is to sit farther from the tv if possible. That's what was bothering me.
#3EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:08:56 PM
You might be right. We have a 42 inch Plasma and I'm sitting right on top of it.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#4_Gladiator_Posted 11/28/2012 9:09:22 PM
Its alright, you're just experiencing a slight out-of-body experience. Happens to a few of us. The important thing to remember is not to panic when you start to get visor-vision.
---
Don't be hatin' on Carmine, hundreds of them die every day to keep your ass safe from pale steroid abusers. - Sic_GloryFades
#5NightTerrorX99Posted 11/28/2012 9:21:25 PM
I'd suggest to stop playing for awhile. That's always a good move. Give yourself time to relax or something.

Some people just have sensitive perceptions. I mean I can't understand at all what TC is going through, but each manufacturer has health warnings that no one ever reads talking about stuff like this.
It's probably not serious, but you should probably just chill for a while.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#6Mr_FeeshPosted 11/28/2012 9:23:55 PM
EternalNether posted...
You might be right. We have a 42 inch Plasma and I'm sitting right on top of it.

Yeah, this is why.
---
NAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAK
#7DuwstaiPosted 11/28/2012 10:45:05 PM
Its because it has kind of a head bob effect. Its legs move independently up and down, causing your screen to move up and down.

It is an effect that a lot of FPS games have for normal character movement to simulate walking/ running. A lot of games have options to turn it off because its known to make a lot of people feel sick.

But yeah, sitting too close will definitely compound that effect as well.
---
balls
#8The_MadnessPosted 11/28/2012 10:55:52 PM
It's a bit jarring because it feels so UNLIKE Halo, but it too shall pass. I just wish they had made the Mantis much better.

Make it a little weaker so that it could have moved a little faster, with better animations. It just feels like a turtle in a game full of stallions.