Where's my Halo?

#1Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/29/2012 7:15:00 AM
No more map/weapon/power up control.
No more long, fun vehicles battles since they're made of paper and practically every weapon can take them out.
No more "**** it" playlists to mess around in as Rubine players.
No more deathball in Forge.
No more fun items like the soccer ball and golf hole.

Gone are the times when someone could, and would, make a complete optical illusion of a playable map in Forge with just the walls and blocks in Foundry.
Gone are the Rube-Goldberg machines.
Gone are the Jump Challenges.
Gone are the "Saw-esque" mazes that involved things like grabbing turrets through walls.
Gone are the breaks from MLG customs to play Jenga.

We've said goodbye to literal Halo classics, such as Assault and One-Flag. (includes Neutral Flag/Bomb)
We've said goodbye the combination of Juggernaut and negative points for kills, and therefore said goodbye to customs like Tag.
We've said goodbye to the Brute Shot and are forced to play dodgeball with that aborted contraption they call the Concussion Rifle.
And unfortunately, we've said goodbye to customs like the real Grifball.

Remember when the Carbine was almost better than the BR?
Remember when the only anti-vehicle weapons were the rocket launcher and Spartan Laser?
Remember when the combat wasn't slow, but it wasn't so fast that people stopped thinking?
Remember when your dead enemies always dropped grenades?
Remember the mandatory 3 second respawn in Slayer?
Remember BTB 2-flag on Avalanche?
Remember Team Snipers on Headlong?
Remember when matchmaking gave you actual choices instead of illusions of choice?

So...where's my Halo? I miss it...
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/29/2012 7:16:41 AM
vehicles havent been good since Halo CE
#3SpartanEvolvedPosted 11/29/2012 7:18:22 AM
Nostalgia. I agree not every change is for the better, but the game is still new. Let them adjust the playlists and map pool.

I don't know if you remember, but Halo 2 had horrible matchaking initially. No slayer playlist, among other things. Give it time.
---
ProductofChina - Don't search "jerk" in google images.
#4Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:20:04 AM
SpartanEvolved posted...
Nostalgia. I agree not every change is for the better, but the game is still new. Let them adjust the playlists and map pool.

I don't know if you remember, but Halo 2 had horrible matchaking initially. No slayer playlist, among other things. Give it time.

Damn right it's nostalgia. Halo was the only game worth playing on Xbox Live for almost 6 years and then...that game happened. I didn't even recognize it.
#5meltor13Posted 11/29/2012 7:22:38 AM
K bye then.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#6The BeansterPosted 11/29/2012 7:25:51 AM
While I still think H4 is Halo - and more of a Halo game than that game ever was, I mostly agree with all your points (though I'd argue that H4 has the fastest paced combat since CE)

I don't really care about custom games personally, but the thing that drew me to Halo multiplayer from the very beginning in 2001 was how competitive it was, and ever since that game, the developers have decided that competitive play is not going to be the core of Halo any more.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#7Karnage891Posted 11/29/2012 7:28:01 AM(edited)
Every Halo game has problems until they patch it. And personally, while I don't agree with ALL of the changes they've made, it's still my second favorite Halo multiplayer ever (next to Halo 1.)

Go ahead and voice your criticisms to 343, but be constructive about it; don't whine. Just chill out, have fun, and see where they take it in the future patches / updates.
---
Children are small and weak, if one tried to attack me I could easily kill it. ~ MysticButtCrystal
#8Tiny5thPosted 11/29/2012 7:36:11 AM
I believe most of the forge-related stuff can still be done, the deathball and toys are definitely in, played with them myself.
---
Message likely typed from phone, please excuse errors.
GT: Tiny5th PSN: Aethergoggles
#9BeastlyIguanaPosted 11/29/2012 7:39:02 AM
Excuse me, 343? You Call of Duty on my Halo.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#10chamber29Posted 11/29/2012 7:41:58 AM
It's always the last place you look, because after you find it, there is no reason to continue looking...
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those