why do I suck with the banshee?

#1WebstedgePosted 11/29/2012 6:40:56 AM
seriously I can pwn nubs on BTB wit mah DMR all day but no matter how much I try all of my banshee trips end in an explosion
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#2Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/29/2012 6:41:21 AM
kl
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#3zeroboboPosted 11/29/2012 6:43:24 AM
focus more on staying out of fire than trying to get alot of kills.
the kills will just come on their own. go for the easy shots. don't rush a mantis head on lol
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#4Webstedge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:15:04 AM
zerobobo posted...
the kills will just come on their own. go for the easy shots. don't rush a mantis head on lol

Just tried this in a BTB on Ragnarok, this time I got 2 kills in it before I died, so... it's a start, I guess
---
#5Ultima_WraithPosted 11/29/2012 7:19:26 AM
Webstedge posted...
zerobobo posted...

Just tried this in a BTB on Ragnarok, this time I got 2 kills in it before I died, so... it's a start, I guess

If you use the fuel rod cannon, try to fire it when they're locked into their destination, like when coming down from a jump or while jetpacking.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739
3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167
#6furykiddPosted 11/29/2012 7:20:30 AM
You definitely have to be a lot more strategic when using vehicles than people think. Try staying more on your half of the map and waiting for the other team to cross the field into your territory.

Remember, you're not indestructible and there's no shame in running to fight another day.
#7L0ZPosted 11/29/2012 7:21:43 AM
Don't listen to that guy. Rush a mantis head on with speed boost to send it flying
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#8CyanocittaPosted 11/29/2012 7:22:38 AM
I am having the same problems with the banshee, but also with the ghost.

With the banshee I avoid other vehicles, except if I can get behind the enemy banshee, and just try to pick of scattered enemies on the map. Even with that though, the little dmr damage I receive here and there is effective, and after only a few kills, there is a lot of electrical smoke coming from my machine. If someone is on the turret, I'm good as done.

With the ghost, I was splatter kills for the commendation, but if I get close to even 1 person. I am stuck/emp blasted and dead. The only way I can fight effectively with the ghost is to get into an open area and stay back and gun people down. (I think the ghost guns are improved over old version atleast..the spray isn't so large). Even if I do ram someone full speed they seem to get thrown across the map and do not take damage. (No, they didn't jump)

I want to get better with these vehicles, but I know I'm just going to waste the spawn for my teammates when I get crushed using one. I am much more helpful with a gun I guess.
#9Webstedge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:24:17 AM
Cyanocitta posted...
I am having the same problems with the banshee, but also with the ghost.

With the banshee I avoid other vehicles, except if I can get behind the enemy banshee, and just try to pick of scattered enemies on the map. Even with that though, the little dmr damage I receive here and there is effective, and after only a few kills, there is a lot of electrical smoke coming from my machine. If someone is on the turret, I'm good as done.

With the ghost, I was splatter kills for the commendation, but if I get close to even 1 person. I am stuck/emp blasted and dead. The only way I can fight effectively with the ghost is to get into an open area and stay back and gun people down. (I think the ghost guns are improved over old version atleast..the spray isn't so large). Even if I do ram someone full speed they seem to get thrown across the map and do not take damage. (No, they didn't jump)

I want to get better with these vehicles, but I know I'm just going to waste the spawn for my teammates when I get crushed using one. I am much more helpful with a gun I guess.

I'm awesome with the ghost. that's exactly how you have to use it. turret fire from far away or while strafing, and when they're not looking, rush in for the splatter

I get killing frenzies with ghosts on the regular
---
#10KamickasPosted 11/29/2012 7:27:17 AM
zerobobo posted...

This. The banshee is not an aerial tank. Fly evasively, and pick your targets carefully.