343i Logic

#1xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/29/2012 4:20:04 PM
"Hmmm, Haven seems to be the most popular map by far. People love playing on Haven, and the map wins almost every single time in the vote. Good job guys, we have created a terrific team slayer map!"

343i step 1: People clearly like playing on Haven, probably because it is a close quarters, symmetrical, no-nonsense map. We have another really good close quarters, symmetrical map that literally shipped with the disk, but let us continue to not release it into matchmaking.

343i step 2: Since everyone loves Haven so much, let us make it such that it only comes up for vote 1 out of every 5 times, thus making people play on our worse maps, and actually forcing people to vote for Haven whenever it comes up even if they don't want, just to get a chance to play it at all.

343i step 3: Since people really do love those close quarters, competitive maps where you actually have to finish your battles instead of hiding/running away, lets release a map pack with 3 large maps, and advertise "lots of nooks and crannies to hide in".

Bravo. I love the mechanics of the game, but 343i is really shooting themselves in the foot here. I guess if you really love BTB, then 343i is your hero.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#2DJ_GunnerPosted 11/29/2012 4:21:24 PM
Where's the like button i want to hit it over 9000 times
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#3CyanocittaPosted 11/29/2012 4:28:11 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...

343i step 2: Since everyone loves Haven so much, let us make it such that it only comes up for vote 1 out of every 5 times, thus making people play on our worse maps, and actually forcing people to vote for Haven whenever it comes up even if they don't want, just to get a chance to play it at all.

This actually sounds like it would be a positive. If Haven isn't an option to play every round the majority of players are forced to use the other maps, which some people (myself included) really like and never get to play. If I am only playing Haven 1/5 times (and there are only about 5 normal slayer maps) I would say that would be an amazing balance.

Unfortunately this is not how it is. Haven is up for vote every other round, and chosen every other round. Very tiring, and repetitive.
#4kjs7Posted 11/29/2012 5:26:14 PM
I was on the fence about buying the pass for all the dlc....but not if its this crap. I really dont want to play infinity slayer on more maps the size of complex, ugh
---
;)
Steam: goo.gl/2r6pC PSN: kschroen Xbox Live/Origin: Bobaliciousj
#5xxBloodBathxx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 5:57:22 PM
kjs7 posted...
I was on the fence about buying the pass for all the dlc....but not if its this crap. I really dont want to play infinity slayer on more maps the size of complex, ugh

Seriously...I bought the DLC because I was able to nab 10 of those 1/2 off 1600 MSP cards on black friday, so I figured even these bad maps would be worth it for like 12$ total.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#6thethirdthoughtPosted 11/29/2012 5:58:11 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
kjs7 posted...

Seriously...I bought the DLC because I was able to nab 10 of those 1/2 off 1600 MSP cards on black friday, so I figured even these bad maps would be worth it for like 12$ total.

Can i please have one?
#7iRGushPosted 11/29/2012 5:58:49 PM
Halo 4 needs a veto system

I love haven and all but playing any map more than twice in a row just isn't that fun
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#8thethirdthoughtPosted 11/29/2012 5:59:09 PM
iRGush posted...

I love haven and all but playing any map more than twice in a row just isn't that fun

Agreed.
#9Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/29/2012 6:00:54 PM
iRGush posted...

Then back out when it's clear Haven's going to win the vote. You new guys are so damn lazy.
#10iRGushPosted 11/29/2012 6:01:28 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
iRGush posted...

Then back out when it's clear Haven's going to win the vote. You new guys are so damn lazy.

Avoiding the problem doesn't solve the problem
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.