343i Logic

#21Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/29/2012 6:56:31 PM
iRGush posted...

Call me maybe was #1 on the charts in america, does that mean its everybodies favourite song and they should have to listen to it over and over?

The odd map off once in a while is far better than playing the same thing over and over again.

And do you know why it was #1? Because people kept asking for it. Just like how YOU can back out of the lobby, people who don't like that song, can change the damn station.

If the lobby wants Haven, then they get to play Haven. If you don't like Haven, you can back out. It's. Simple.
#22iRGushPosted 11/29/2012 7:02:47 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
iRGush posted...

Call me maybe was #1 on the charts in america, does that mean its everybodies favourite song and they should have to listen to it over and over?

The odd map off once in a while is far better than playing the same thing over and over again.

And do you know why it was #1? Because people kept asking for it. Just like how YOU can back out of the lobby, people who don't like that song, can change the damn station.

If the lobby wants Haven, then they get to play Haven. If you don't like Haven, you can back out. It's. Simple.

In doing that, maps never get played leaving the voting system broken.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#23Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/29/2012 7:08:52 PM
iRGush posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
iRGush posted...

In doing that, maps never get played leaving the voting system broken.

That's not broken. The voting system is designed to let the players choose what they want to play instead of arbitrarily choosing one for them. It's working as intended and it works very well as opposed to Halo 3, where once you found a lobby, you couldn't just back out, and if you DID leave, you were penalized.

But you wouldn't know that since you started with Reach and don't know just how much worse the map selection process could be.
#24iRGushPosted 11/29/2012 7:12:10 PM
Whats the point of designing a map if its not going to be played?

Its impossible to search alone in reach without playing god awful maps like uncaged. If veto gave me a map I didn't like, of course I would feel annoyed but just suck it up at play it, like I do in halo 4 when the same map is picked twice. But atleast with the veto system, theres a much lower chance of that happening.
---
#25Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/29/2012 7:20:24 PM
iRGush posted...

Its impossible to search alone in reach without playing god awful maps like uncaged. If veto gave me a map I didn't like, of course I would feel annoyed but just suck it up at play it, like I do in halo 4 when the same map is picked twice. But atleast with the veto system, theres a much lower chance of that happening.

The other maps do get played, when are you going to stop parroting that hyperbole?
#26iRGushPosted 11/29/2012 7:23:25 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
iRGush posted...

The other maps do get played, when are you going to stop parroting that hyperbole?

Its not a hyperbole when I can't count the number of times I've played adrift slayer on my hand

The infinity slayer and big team I'm sure is probably 3:1 haven/ragnorak to any other map. The only reason its even so low is because 343 said they reduced the maps weighing into showing up. When 343 has to reduce the amount of times a map shows up to be voted there, its clear that theres a problem with map repetitiveness.
---
#27TwinmoldPosted 11/29/2012 7:47:24 PM
Haven is awful. It's like playing Halo: Nascar Edition.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#28Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/30/2012 2:02:29 PM
iRGush posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
iRGush posted...

Its not a hyperbole when I can't count the number of times I've played adrift slayer on my hand

The infinity slayer and big team I'm sure is probably 3:1 haven/ragnorak to any other map. The only reason its even so low is because 343 said they reduced the maps weighing into showing up. When 343 has to reduce the amount of times a map shows up to be voted there, its clear that theres a problem with map repetitiveness.

Again: The problem is something you're creating for yourself. I've never had to play a map I didn't want to. I don't know what game you're playing, but it sounds like it has some annoyances.
#29Elprede007Posted 11/30/2012 2:11:34 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...

343i step 2: Since everyone loves Haven so much, let us make it such that it only comes up for vote 1 out of every 5 times, thus making people play on our worse maps, and actually forcing people to vote for Haven whenever it comes up even if they don't want, just to get a chance to play it at all.

Wtf are you talking about, all i ever see is haven
---
"Puttin' that in the poem!"