MLG Custom?

#1OmniphagosPosted 11/30/2012 10:14:04 AM
What exactly does this mean? I know what MLG is but never really bothered to follow anything they do. Is it just the same maps with a different rule set?

I'm sure it's not some random mode that I skipped cause I've seen anything named after MLG on the playlists.
---
This signature reads beyond the flow of time.
"I'm female and I wouldnt shag any of that band cause my girlfriend wouldnt dig it."
#2eastgotenksPosted 11/30/2012 10:17:34 AM
It's what people who think they are pro play.
#3Omniphagos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:28:55 AM
eastgotenks posted...
It's what people who think they are pro play.

i'd figure as much but the streams never seem to answer and everyone on chats are more interested in trying to figure out who is the best pro player.

what exactly is the difference between an MLg Custom match and a regular Pro Slayer match though? Just different rules cause I don't really see anything different, at least from watching streams.
---
"I'm female and I wouldnt shag any of that band cause my girlfriend wouldnt dig it."
#4SThiefNPosted 11/30/2012 10:47:43 AM
Mlg settings typically strive to create the most competitve playing field by balancing the game with a smaller selection of loadouts, game types, and maps. The goal is to create the most balanced environment by placing everyone on a level playing field. Things like radar and the assault rifle are nerfed in the interest of aiming skill, awareness, and game speed.

It's not for everyone, but those seeking a more challenging and balanced game will find mlg settings to be more to their liking.
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#5Protoman_X38Posted 11/30/2012 10:51:06 AM
SJ_TraNe posted...
Mlg settings typically strive to create the most competitve playing field by balancing the game with a smaller selection of loadouts, game types, and maps. The goal is to create the most balanced environment by placing everyone on a level playing field. Things like radar and the assault rifle are nerfed in the interest of aiming skill, awareness, and game speed.

It's not for everyone, but those seeking a more challenging and balanced game will find mlg settings to be more to their liking.

why would they need to nerf the assault rifle any further?
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#6SThiefNPosted 11/30/2012 10:52:41 AM
Protoman_X38 posted...
SJ_TraNe posted...

why would they need to nerf the assault rifle any further?

By nerf I mean get rid of completely. My bad
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#7Omniphagos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:59:38 AM
SJ_TraNe posted...

If that's the case, are the MLg Custom playlists distributed via file share? Or do you just go and make a game with the rules and hope people join who want to play those rules?
---
#8SThiefNPosted 11/30/2012 11:10:33 AM
Omniphagos posted...
SJ_TraNe posted...

If that's the case, are the MLg Custom playlists distributed via file share? Or do you just go and make a game with the rules and hope people join who want to play those rules?

The game types and maps are available on someone with mlg's file share, either mlg anakin or mlg shibby. Search them on the file browser and download. Find like minded individuals on here or the mlg forums, or twitch.tv streams, etc.

There's no mlg playlist in matchmaking yet, probably by the end of December there will be.
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#9BizzyBumPosted 11/30/2012 11:26:48 AM
there's not even concrete rules for it yet, right?
---
| i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz | H60 | Z68A | EVGA SC GTX 580x2 SLI | Corsair AX 1200w |
| Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 2560x1440 S-IPS @ 100Hz | Antec 1200 |
#10Brendy_BoyPosted 11/30/2012 12:11:15 PM
BizzyBum posted...
there's not even concrete rules for it yet, right?

I think for now people are using the rules from the MLG Fall Tourney, but those are far from finalized I think.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender