Argh, Legendary

#1Koelker12Posted 11/30/2012 9:29:29 AM
So I don't remember Reach on Legendary being all that hard, and the only things in previous Halo games that gave me trouble were the Flood. But good god, I am getting destroyed by Halo 4 Legendary on solo. I'm only on level 3 where the Prometheans first show up, and it's a struggle.

Anyone else think this is that hardest one of the bunch? Or am I just doing something wrong? I think my biggest problem is the weapon selection...
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#2AngelsNAirwav3sPosted 11/30/2012 9:29:58 AM
You're doing it wrong.
---
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
#3MrDummyPosted 11/30/2012 9:32:59 AM
I am about to start 3 on heroic but seems as though i need to bump it up to legndry...

So ill get back to you on how it is for me...
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4 w/Waypoint
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = LOVE
#4xo0Achilles0oxPosted 11/30/2012 9:36:44 AM
Plasma pistol is your best friend on legendary. And you need to be aggressive when fighting promethean knights. They are actually very stupid.

A cheap tactic against knights: Break their line of sight for about 15 seconds and they just pace back and forth. Go in for the assassination, fall back and repeat. This is much easier with promethean vision, which you get on mission 3 anyways.
#5SThiefNPosted 11/30/2012 9:39:02 AM
third level is the hardest alone IMO. It gets easier!
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#6SpiduxLimitlessPosted 11/30/2012 9:39:10 AM
Haven't had too many problems thus far with the Solo run, but I'm on mission... 6 I think, or 5. The one where you're in the elephant (or whatever the big UNSC mobile platform is called). I'm at the part where the bigger cuvvy drop ship shows up and my main cannon is down...

Over an hour last night and that ****ing thing wouldn't blow up. >.<;
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#7ParanoidObsessivePosted 11/30/2012 9:48:00 AM
I can't say for sure, since I'm still kind of in the middle of a leisurely Normal run (is how I always play - Normal run first, then the Heroic one, then the Legendary... but I've been slacking off on campaign and playing War Games and Spartan Ops instead).

But just comparing Normal difficulty runs, Halo 4 feels harder than Reach did on comparable difficulty. I don't know if that's really the case, or if it won't feel completely different once I eventually step up to Legendary, but it just seems like Halo 4 Normal is harder than Reach Normal right now.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#8lnknprk_45Posted 11/30/2012 9:49:37 AM
Reach was only hard because of the horrible checkpoints.
#9SThiefNPosted 11/30/2012 9:49:39 AM
Solo legendary isn't that hard, really...took me like 6 hours I think. Only kill what you have to and keep moving.
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#10jarvis008Posted 11/30/2012 9:54:50 AM
It gets easier. I actually found Halo 4 to be the easiest Halo on solo Legendary because of the auto turret and a ready supply of ammo for the LR pretty much throughout the campaign.