What's with all the assclowns that have a death wish?

#11LythirisPosted 11/30/2012 10:37:50 AM
I like to drive the warthog over to the enemy base and see if I can get anyone to ride with me. They never do though.
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#12AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/30/2012 10:38:45 AM
i like to run around and see things blowing up.
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#13JStewVGMPosted 11/30/2012 10:39:11 AM
SideStrafe posted...
Every BTIS game I'm in there's one or two guys on each team that hop into a vehicle and immediately drive over to the enemy spawn and get their butthole imploded.

It baffles me because there's no way anyone with enough intelligence to operate a 360 console could think that's a good idea.

I guess I'm the only one that starts with a killing spree everytime I do this. Not to mention at least 1 of your vehicles will be down by the time I leave.
#14bearded_moosePosted 11/30/2012 10:44:35 AM
@TC

if two guys cruise over to the enemy spawn in the hog, and they're all still there, what those two guys are doing is tying up the enemy so the rest of the team can get into more advantageous postitions.

It baffles me because there's no way anyone with enough intelligence to operate a 360 console could think there's only one reason people do a given thing.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#15SideStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:45:02 AM
Webstedge posted...
SideStrafe posted...
Webstedge posted...
SideStrafe posted...
jakeDiLLa posted...
my guess is they don't take the game as seriously as you

I'm all for fun but I fail to see how dying instantly is fun.

Screwing with the enemy and power sliding around is fun

Screwing with the enemy? It's just giving them free points and a possibly free vehicle if the guy gets shot out of it. If anything that's screwing with your own team, in which case, the guy is a douche bag.

you don't get it do you? the point is they don't care about the score or who wins or loses. I will admit most of the time I do go for the win, but sometimes I like to take a few moments to have a bit of fun myself, mostly in the banshee, just twirling around everywhere and trying to dodge enemy fire

Then go be worthless in custom games.
---
No, I'm not the YouTube guy.
#16SideStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:54:38 AM
bearded_moose posted...
@TC

if two guys cruise over to the enemy spawn in the hog, and they're all still there, what those two guys are doing is tying up the enemy so the rest of the team can get into more advantageous postitions.

It baffles me because there's no way anyone with enough intelligence to operate a 360 console could think there's only one reason people do a given thing.

These "diversionary tactics" you're referring to are ended in 2 seconds by sticky, DMR, and vehicle spam. Stop using ridiculous arguments. The feeding of two enemy kills and the loss of a vehicle like that (either because it's blown up, or worse, stolen) is not useful in the slightest.

If the Dynamic Duo tries to rush the enemy spawn they're accomplishing nothing but failure.
---
No, I'm not the YouTube guy.
#17chaotix42Posted 11/30/2012 10:59:25 AM
In the previous games it was somewhat safe to drive a Hog over to the enemy base. Back then you had to fetch your PP and stickies, and the Hog turret was much stronger.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
#18ZeroSkyPosted 11/30/2012 11:09:04 AM
I used to do something similar back in Halo 3. If all we had left was the Mongoose, I would often use it to try and sneak over to the enemy base, grab their unoccupied Warthog, then retreat to go pick up teammates. (or rather, get my buddy to drive, since he's a better driver than me, and I'm a better hog gunner than him) More often than not, it was usually successful. Most of the time the worst case was at least getting them to destroy their own hog.

No point in just driving our own hog over there to get killed, though.

Lythiris posted...
I like to drive the warthog over to the enemy base and see if I can get anyone to ride with me. They never do though.

Heh, good times. My buddies used to do that in social matches in Halo 3 when people would drop out and you be playing 4-5 vs 1-2. We'd go pick up the last remaining enemy and just drive around having fun. Always good times when they realize what you are doing, and have fun with it.
#19ZephyrSSXPosted 11/30/2012 11:10:58 AM
chaotix42 posted...
In the previous games it was somewhat safe to drive a Hog over to the enemy base. Back then you had to fetch your PP and stickies, and the Hog turret was much stronger.

Yeah, it could be effective as hell in Halo 3. But in this game everyone starts with stickies, high vehicle damaging DMR's, sniper rifle spawns 5 feet away on maps like Ragnarok (which also has the Mantis and Banshee), etc. Rushing the enemy base in this game is completely stupid and you accomplish nothing.

Only a five year old would find it fun, too.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
DmC get hype.
#20bearded_moosePosted 11/30/2012 11:15:07 AM
SideStrafe posted...
bearded_moose posted...
@TC

These "diversionary tactics" you're referring to are ended in 2 seconds by sticky, DMR, and vehicle spam. Stop using ridiculous arguments. The feeding of two enemy kills and the loss of a vehicle like that (either because it's blown up, or worse, stolen) is not useful in the slightest.

If the Dynamic Duo tries to rush the enemy spawn they're accomplishing nothing but failure.

i hate to be "that guy", but if you can't survive a start-of-match assault in a hog, YOU should not be driving one.i start the match with 3 or 4 wheelman medals and that gives my team time to: grab the laser/rockets on Ragnarok, get the laser/steal the oppositions' warthog or ghost on Longbow, or get the rocket hog/wraith on Meltdown( i think that's meltdown anyways...

whichever level has the mantis that spawns on either side is BAD for hogging, so you should really never take yourr hog past mantis spawn unless their mantis has JUST died.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12