Why this game is failing with 343

#111stoltenberg11Posted 12/1/2012 3:28:30 AM
why do all these terrible troll topics on this board constantly get triple digit posts
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1349732/vonmiller.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1349744/von2_medium.gif
#112Xfma100Posted 12/1/2012 11:35:50 AM
NightmanxCometh posted...
Xfma100 posted...

The maps could be better.
New characters are boring or annoying.
There is some bad dialogue.
Chief and Cortana's relationship was awkward at times.
Repetitive objectives. (Press button, kill enemies, press another button, kill more enemies, etc.)
Forge is just a slightly updated version of Reach's Forge.
Some unbalanced weapons and armor mods.
Spartan Ops lacks the challenge and replayability of Firefight. Reusing maps is also a bad thing.
A anti-climatic boss fight.
etc.

-Yes the maps could be better.
-Who the **** cares about the new characters in campaign? And this is subjective anyway.
-Once again, subjective. And everything about your post makes me think you don't know a thing about "good dialogue".
-Wow, more subjective opinion about the campaign in a topic centered around multiplayer.
-Any game can be reduced to a basic formula like that. Once again another campaign complaint. CASUAL GAMER ALERT.
-Forge is vastly superior, if you spent more than 2 minutes on it/had half a brain you would know this.
-The only weapons that could even be considered remotely "unbalanced" are the DMR and Boltshot, but even then a good player can easily do well without either of these/against these. Also all the armor abilities are balanced, only bad players would disagree.
-Firefight and Spartan Ops are both mediocre diversions, who really cares?
-Boss fight? Really? That's the strong point you choose to go out on? ANOTHER campaign complaint. Also, do you even know what anti-climactic means? I suggest you look it up because if you truly think the "boss fight" (which it isn't) is anti-climactic you know nothing about story-telling.

I was stating my opinion on the entire game, not just just multiplayer. And I even stated my biggest complaint with multiplayer.
Not every game is that repetitive. You kill enemies and press buttons in other games, but not all games follow that pattern. Halo 4 did break that pattern at some points though.
Of course those points were subjective, all opinions are subjective.
Forge is not vastly superior to Reach's Forge. There are improvements, but there are very few huge improvents.
You also tryied to use "casual" as an insult, you also used "bad player"... Some people on this board would call you an "MLG tryhard" or a troll, however I don't think you are either of those. You are just someone with a different opinion.
I was mainly talking about the boltshot when I said unbalanced weapons. You should not be able to spawn with a mini shotgun. As for the DMR, while it is superior to other loadout weapons, 343i should just buff the other loadout weapons instead of nerfing the DMR.
Calling something a diversion does not excuse it's flaws. Some people think Halo's multiplayer is just a diversion from Campaign.
Please explain to me how the last "fight" in the game is not anti-climatic. When a game continues to build/hype a villain up, only for that villain to be defeated so easily is anti-climatic imo.
I never said armor abilities were unbalanced, I said armor mods. As for armor abilities, the thruster pack is weak compared to other AAs IIRC.

Again, this is just my opinion.
Halo 4 is a great game. It is better than Reach, and it is just slightly worse than Halo 3 imo.

As for the TC, Halo is far from dead, as others have pointed out in this topic.
#113iRGushPosted 12/1/2012 11:41:15 AM
NightmanxCometh posted...
Xfma100 posted...

The maps could be better.
New characters are boring or annoying.
There is some bad dialogue.
Chief and Cortana's relationship was awkward at times.
Repetitive objectives. (Press button, kill enemies, press another button, kill more enemies, etc.)
Forge is just a slightly updated version of Reach's Forge.
Some unbalanced weapons and armor mods.
Spartan Ops lacks the challenge and replayability of Firefight. Reusing maps is also a bad thing.
A anti-climatic boss fight.
etc.

-Yes the maps could be better.
-Who the **** cares about the new characters in campaign? And this is subjective anyway.
-Once again, subjective. And everything about your post makes me think you don't know a thing about "good dialogue".
-Wow, more subjective opinion about the campaign in a topic centered around multiplayer.
-Any game can be reduced to a basic formula like that. Once again another campaign complaint. CASUAL GAMER ALERT.
-Forge is vastly superior, if you spent more than 2 minutes on it/had half a brain you would know this.
-The only weapons that could even be considered remotely "unbalanced" are the DMR and Boltshot, but even then a good player can easily do well without either of these/against these. Also all the armor abilities are balanced, only bad players would disagree.
-Firefight and Spartan Ops are both mediocre diversions, who really cares?
-Boss fight? Really? That's the strong point you choose to go out on? ANOTHER campaign complaint. Also, do you even know what anti-climactic means? I suggest you look it up because if you truly think the "boss fight" (which it isn't) is anti-climactic you know nothing about story-telling.

if you knew anything about forge, you'd realize its worse than reach in a lot of ways. Its only improvement is that its more accessible which is irrelevant to people who actually forge real maps.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#114deimos91Posted 12/1/2012 11:51:15 AM
UnamedSoldier0o posted...
Pointless, this is the best Halo since H3 for most people, and for a few like myself the best Halo since H2.

no lack of playlists and maps is a big issue
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#115STRAKAZuluPosted 12/1/2012 11:59:04 AM
stixzilla posted...
ODomm posted...
%100 of people don't have to like a game guys...

...That being said, TC is in the minority. This game is fantastic, Halo is not dead. Are there problems? Yes. Will 343 fix them? Yes. They've already stated that they have a tight schedule for multiple title updates.

If I'm in the minority, then why is the population going down everyday and its only been a few weeks

It's called the Holiday Release Crunch: So many great games coming out in the same time period, not enough time to play them all.
Assassin's Creed III, Halo 4, Cod: BlOps II, Omega DLC for ME3, etc... The MP on Halo 4 hasn't dropped below 100k in WEEKS, that I've seen.

So, say what you will, I'll have my fun with Halo 4, and won't miss your negative presence there. Goodbye & welcome to my Ignore list.
---
Gaming Commandment IX: Thou shalt Teabag ONLY in the wake of Unquestionable Ownage
Gamertag: STRAKAZulu
#116faxmachnePosted 12/1/2012 12:00:00 PM
ok then

by your logic all these people that bought the game play online regularly, or at least a lot of them do

so what game are they playing instead of halo 4?

you say it is not blops2 but blops 2 and halo 4 are the top 2 most played games on live

your problem is that you cnnot explain where people have gone?

perhaps they just dont play games online as much as they do?

maybe halo 4 was higher in the first 2 weeks because of the 14 day pass people got with the game.

your logic is flawed

also please dont claim to speak on behalf of the whole community, you do not
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#117MVNeoPosted 12/1/2012 3:49:28 PM
Hyperlethal117 posted...
Story was far too short, A lot of the weapons are unbalanced and it makes for annoying multiplayer, Spartan Ops is great but the missions eem slightly short, not a major concern though.
I really dont like where they went with the story. Since close to the beginning, bungie said the forerunners were gone and that humans were discovering what was left. Now all of a sudden theres just magically a forerunner planet with a living forerunner still on it.
Thats like hitting Bungie in the face with your man-member.

You are BEYOND clueless. Bungie knows exactly what this second trilogy entails because they set it up over five years before it came out. Jesus.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/UNSCleric/home/
#118lderivedxPosted 12/1/2012 3:53:38 PM
Bungie knows exactly what this second trilogy entails because they set it up over five years before it came out.

This isn't relevant to what he said.
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie
#119enterthemadroxPosted 12/1/2012 4:23:55 PM
Immensely popular and highly played game is dead just because a few people are whining?

Ok...

This is the most fun I've ever had on a Halo game and I've been playing the series for a long time.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong