Why this game is failing with 343

#51LifeVirus1289Posted 11/30/2012 4:17:26 PM
stixzilla posted...
RODlMUS_PRlME posted...
Halo 3 was HELLA stale, yet MLG kiddies look fondly on it through rose tinted glasses, probably in part because it was the last ranked Halo game that gave them bragging rights and an inflated sense of self worth. No more numerical ego stroking.

it was better than the last 2 games that came out...

Halo 3 was bottom tier Halo. MLG kids are so far up their own asses. If they stopped playing, Halo would be a better place.
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#52Delta_F14Posted 11/30/2012 4:17:39 PM
ITT Gooses who think Reach is better than H2 and that H3 is the worst.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#53LifeVirus1289Posted 11/30/2012 4:19:19 PM
Delta_F14 posted...
ITT Gooses who think Reach is better than H2 and that H3 is the worst.

ITT: People who think that their opinion is a fact.
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#54YumilityPosted 11/30/2012 4:21:45 PM
stixzilla posted...
xoAxelox posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Halo 4 is one of the best, if not the best game in the series. You can't please everyone, but the majority is pleased with the game. You happen to be in the minority.

i wasnt aware the 50-100k people that get on daily was the majority over the 1million+ people who purchased the game

logic

homie it was 3million on opening day

You can't use that as a basis. Plenty are being held for christmas. Plenty were sold to people without xbl. Plenty were bought by casuals. You wont ever see the whole population on at once either. People have different schedules and what not.
#55duericPosted 11/30/2012 4:29:53 PM
Last night the mulitplayer population was the same as Blops 2.

Thing is, people only saw the initial exodus of COD players and somehow are trying to correlate that with Halo 4 being a bad game.

Sorry, that's just not the case.

It's just easier to hate on something when you think everyone else agrees. Unfortunately, it seems the haters are the minority this time.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#56SAMCROftwPosted 11/30/2012 4:31:09 PM
This topic is horribly retarded lol
#57huerito323Posted 11/30/2012 4:36:39 PM
So you really expect every single person that bought the game to be online at the exact same time?? You think that the 100k+ people you see online everyday are the exact same people playing everyday?? I think not. Also, there is a large population that only care about the campaign.

Either way, Halo will never have the online population numbers that it used to have. You need to get that through your head. A lot of the fans are older now, maybe they grew out of it, or they just don't play games as much. The people that whine about Halo 4 not being a real Halo game are loud, but low in numbers. Reach added a Classic playlist with classic maps that old school fans kept asking for in the Bungie forums. The playlist was low in population, barely had around 2,000 people. There's more games that people are interested in now, Halo isn't the attention whore it once was. I know you want to see Halo back on top with over half a million people online, because maybe it will help you sleep better at night. "Halo has a million people online..yay! Halo is back". Sorry, ain't gonna happen. There's other games to play now, and families to take care of.

It would not matter if they make Halo 5 more like Halo 2 or 3. It still won't be as popular as it once was, and the forums will now be full of hate by the people who actually do enjoy Halo 4. You see, it's a never ending circle. Every single Halo game has been criticized, except CE.
All they need to do is add Classic playlist again to please the people who want the old Halo experience. I want that too. But again, it probably won't be that popular.
#58Delta_F14Posted 11/30/2012 4:37:04 PM
ITT Uber-Gooses who call everyone that isn't them a "kid"
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#59Morael_ThelPosted 11/30/2012 4:39:35 PM(edited)
There is too much to consider for people to just decide why halo's numbers aren't higher or lower. Halo 2 came around 8 years ago. Everyone loved that game. It probably built a huge fan base. But that was 8 years ago. 8 years is the time it takes for teenager to become an adult, or an adult can become a parent in that time.

Maybe people aren't enjoying Halo as much as they used to, or maybe people are busy with their lives. I had all the time in the world to play Halo 2. I don't have all the time in the world to play Halo 4. However, I love Halo 4. It's such an improvement over Reach.

Here's another thing to consider: great games come out all the time now. This isn't an industry that is dominated by shooters like some people think. Yes, people love shooters. But people also love action/adventure games like ACIII, or rpg's like Skyrim. There are also MMO's coming out frequently.

There is a lot to play nowadays. Gaming has never been bigger. There are many reasons Halo could have low numbers, and you'll need more than that to back your point that the series is dead or declining in quality.
#60stixzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:38:02 PM
dueric posted...
Last night the mulitplayer population was the same as Blops 2.

Thing is, people only saw the initial exodus of COD players and somehow are trying to correlate that with Halo 4 being a bad game.

Sorry, that's just not the case.

It's just easier to hate on something when you think everyone else agrees. Unfortunately, it seems the haters are the minority this time.

that's ridiculous and made up. CoD multiplayer was at 700k at one point the other day
---
Like HD gameplay videos? Subscribe to my channel!
www.youtube.com/awildke7chum