Why this game is failing with 343

#81mcpuppet101Posted 11/30/2012 4:57:24 PM
we want a halo with nothing new at all so we can complain how its the same halo with just different lvls.

I think the point is that if you love halo 2 or 3 so much just go play those...there still there, why should 343 put out a halo2 with better graphics for ppl afraid of change when most want new wows and ahhhs.
#82iRGushPosted 11/30/2012 5:06:21 PM
mcpuppet101 posted...
we want a halo with nothing new at all so we can complain how its the same halo with just different lvls.

I think the point is that if you love halo 2 or 3 so much just go play those...there still there, why should 343 put out a halo2 with better graphics for ppl afraid of change when most want new wows and ahhhs.

You know the population of halo dropped WHEN they made significant changes right? Who even wanted change, you guys would still buy the game along with everyone else if it kept the same formula.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#83puppyPosted 11/30/2012 5:11:03 PM
How I view the complaints:

1. This is Halo 4, not 3, not 2, and most certainly not Reach. They had to try something new, they have to continue to evolve, or else you truly die in this business.

2. Rank is pointless. Can you remember your Halo 3 rank? Or more importantly, what does that rank do for you nowadays? Hey, I was once a level 50 or whatever in Halo 3, fear me. Well guess what, this is Halo 4, and no one gives a ****.

The only legitimate gripe out there is lack of maps, that is it. The rest is just nitpicky nonsense from the "MLG" types. Newsflash, not everyone is a "professional" at Halo, and just because you had level 50 on Halo 3 or Reach doesn't mean you can beat some of the best players out there. You probably boosted, or ran with a team of ballers and mowed down the rest of the Halo players.

I've bought and played every Halo since Combat Evolved. I'm amazed at how well done the multiplayer is in this series. Call of Duty gave me 3 months of fun on MW2, but then it became stale, and I was smart enough to realize the game hasn't changed in the next 3 iterations. Halo 4 is amazing, the vehicle madness is intense, the guns are fun, and the action is all around you. It rewards quick reactions, careful planning, and plays like a dream.

If you don't like the game, find some better complaints than "OMG red X please" or "don't want my enemy to know I am camping"
---
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!
#84MVNeoPosted 11/30/2012 5:14:12 PM
TC just got owned.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/UNSCleric/home/
#85Pinoy441Posted 11/30/2012 5:14:47 PM
...Would you rather have it be the exact same thing as the previous games?

Games Evolve

Lrn2Adapt

Or play a game that doesn't/barely evolves every year if you want games to stay the same

CoD is -> That way
---
*grabs popcorn*
#86lderivedxPosted 11/30/2012 5:17:17 PM
Halo and CoD have become the Twilights of the console FPSes.
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
#87tarzanmxPosted 11/30/2012 5:17:57 PM
Well, it's sad to admit that not everyone can be pleased by a product. Then again, they have to move the franchise in some direction, otherwise it'd become stale and would basically be just a graphic upgrade of the same gameplay (Like the numerous Call of Duty games). Still, it takes mistakes to learn how to make things right, so this change is not necessarily a bad thing.
Reach might have been good as Reach, not as a Halo game in the sense we all remembered, but it still had its merit.
So, Halo 4 tried to change Halo gameplay (that's not to say they went in the right direction with it, but it was a change).
It's a new developer and a new trilogy, and perhaps future Title Updates of even the next games in the series may learn from its flaws and find a way to satisfy some of the points of complaint some players have, but for now, the game is what it is. Would it be a bad thing to get more used to its new style, if only for a moment while 343 work on the changes they might already have in mind? Don't look at it like the usual main series Bungie-made Halo. Look at it like a game in its own right and something positive might come out of it.
Still, everyone can have their opinions and preferences of the game they play. I've liked every Halo game up until now, for one (except Wars, that one I only enjoyed a little).
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#88fishreloadedPosted 11/30/2012 5:46:55 PM
I love this game. Period.

Played a lot of online multiplayer shooters, mostly halos, cods and battlefronts. This game is without a doubt my favorite to play online. My favorite offline is any cod zombie mode.

Long live GAMING! Long live OPINIONS!
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
Black 2 FC: 4599-7542-1288
#89appleturnover87Posted 11/30/2012 5:50:52 PM
lderivedx posted...
Halo and CoD have become the Twilights of the console FPSes.

They're the Edward and Jacob of console FPSes

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#90CKnightPosted 11/30/2012 6:04:40 PM
Halo 4 sold 3 million in a day and its online numbers is only second to CoD which is indisputably, , unarguably, undeniably the most popular and played series of this generation and its failing?

I take this is why most message board opinions are considered trash.

If Halo is failing compared to CoD then every other fps is dead and buried because they dont put up Halo online numbers let alone the Juggernaut that is CoD.