Stuck on Infinity..

#1sakurayulePosted 11/30/2012 3:56:53 PM
.. I'm at the part on Infinity in the Campaign where I plug Cortana into a socket, then tons of Crawlers, Knights, and Watchers ambush me. I've got Auto-Sentry, a DMR, a Light Rifle, a few grenades, and a static-machine gun I can use, but even with all of this, these guys just bombard me so friggin' fast that I die by the 2nd wave. [Note: Playing on Legendary].

Does anyone have any tips on how to get past this part?
I think my main problem is that I can't kill the Watchers/Knights fast enough before the others come in and rape me, and the Watchers keep reviving the ones that I do kill. The knights just rush in together and melee me, while the whole area gets overrun by crawlers.

>_<
---
\_(&#12484;)_/
#2Ultima_WraithPosted 11/30/2012 3:59:36 PM
sakurayule posted...
.. I'm at the part on Infinity in the Campaign where I plug Cortana into a socket, then tons of Crawlers, Knights, and Watchers ambush me. I've got Auto-Sentry, a DMR, a Light Rifle, a few grenades, and a static-machine gun I can use, but even with all of this, these guys just bombard me so friggin' fast that I die by the 2nd wave. [Note: Playing on Legendary].

Does anyone have any tips on how to get past this part?
I think my main problem is that I can't kill the Watchers/Knights fast enough before the others come in and rape me, and the Watchers keep reviving the ones that I do kill. The knights just rush in together and melee me, while the whole area gets overrun by crawlers.

>_<

Kill a knight, wear it's armor, sneak into next room.
But seriously this area is a pain, if you take out the watchers and then crawlers it's much more manageable, try to set up the auto sentry off to a side so that it's not in the direct entryway and hope for the best is all you can do, throw a grenade and then pelt the watcher so it won't suspend it.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739
3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167
#3DSquariusPosted 11/30/2012 4:01:33 PM
I completed this part by using the slightly elevated turret. That's it. Kill the watchers first and then prioritize between the knights and crawlers depending who's causing more damage.
---
Come at me bro
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#4Shinen_RyuPosted 11/30/2012 4:02:22 PM
Use the mounted machine gun to get rid of the watchers as fast as possible, and use the dmr for the crawlers, it's a one shot if you hit the head. Then just try and whittle away the knights health while keeping your distance so you don't get smacked around by them
---
Kill everything, let the higher ups sort out the rest.
#5Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/30/2012 4:02:32 PM
When my shield went down I detached the turret and took cover in the rocks shooting whatever came around the rocks
#6sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:05:29 PM
Shinen_Ryu posted...
Use the mounted machine gun to get rid of the watchers as fast as possible, and use the dmr for the crawlers, it's a one shot if you hit the head. Then just try and whittle away the knights health while keeping your distance so you don't get smacked around by them

I can't. They all do that zig-zag-teleport thing to get all up in my face. All of them, every time they spawn. :\
---
\_(&#12484;)_/
#712345sniperz123Posted 11/30/2012 4:05:56 PM
This is while you are trying to get through a door right, and you're in the forest?
---
"It was plenty warm and I was farting continuously under the sheet, creating a kind of greenhouse effect." -Dwight
#8xnxbxaxPosted 11/30/2012 4:07:09 PM
Pickoff the weak things first by doing pop outs then get up close to the knights. They turn into dumbasses when you get close.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif
#9YumilityPosted 11/30/2012 4:10:03 PM
I'm pretty bad, so this is how I did it.

From the door, as soon as they started spawning I ran around the right to the cover area just above where the dogs spawn from. I then used that area to take out the dogs. As you kill dogs with headshots, more dogs will spawn, do this till they stopped spawning.

Once they stopped spawning you may drop down to that sandbag area and the knights wont attack you there. You may run back to the beginning of the level and pick up dmrs/whatever if you need ammo. Kill the watchers, then the knights. More knights should spawn, but with just knights it should be much easier.
#10sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:42:05 PM
Yumility posted...
I'm pretty bad, so this is how I did it.

drop down to that sandbag area and the knights wont attack you there. .

Tried this.. the Knights chased me behind the Sandbag area and half way to the beginning of the level. I can get a good way through the fight, but then the Knights just keep spawning and zigzag teleporting on top of me for OHKOs, no matter where I am.

This is so infuriating.
---
\_(&#12484;)_/