Why do people keep voting for garbage maps like Complex?

#11Xbox-36OPosted 12/1/2012 12:14:44 PM
YES! THANK you!
i searched for the term 'complex' and found out i didnt have to make my own hate-thread about complex now.
my complaint about Complex is only in regards to CTF.
every time it's an option in CTF, i watch aghast as the votes yet again fill it up: 2, 3, 4...
what the hell is WRONG with people?! with the exception of Ragnarok which is decent (until they pick it again and again..) they're attracted to Complex like roaches to you know what! every time i played CTF on the map i had a horrible time.
every time we've played it on Abandon, on the other hand, zoom!! i capture the flag almost every time and end the game with 5 flag captures in 3min.
and Adrift is the worst map for CTF by my experience
#12Cereal4youPosted 12/1/2012 12:16:59 PM
I got a Unfriggingbeliveable on Complex.....

Oh I love most of the maps, I usually never vote either cause I go with the flow, I don't think I can a favorite.
#13NovaLevossidaPosted 12/1/2012 12:17:38 PM
Complex was a good map on my way to mastering the Splatter commendation. Other than that, I don't care much for it, especially on CTF.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#14BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/1/2012 12:25:13 PM
goggle36 posted...
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
goggle36 posted...
I've played Haven 5 times in a row because of votes. I hate that map.

I get sick of Haven too but at least its a decent and balanced map.

Its too small. If the map was in Halo 3 I'd agree. The ability to sprint makes it a very tiny map. Which means no matter how much you try to run away to recharge shields....someone else will round the corner to end up killing you anyway.

And the spawns are broken.
I once dropped someone's shields before they killed me in Regicide, then instantly spawned about 15 feet behind them and fatally shot them in the back of the head.
#15EcotronPosted 12/1/2012 12:25:16 PM
goggle36 posted...
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
goggle36 posted...
I've played Haven 5 times in a row because of votes. I hate that map.

I get sick of Haven too but at least its a decent and balanced map.

Its too small. If the map was in Halo 3 I'd agree. The ability to sprint makes it a very tiny map. Which means no matter how much you try to run away to recharge shields....someone else will round the corner to end up killing you anyway.

Map size is fine imo... I've had some of my best games on Haven. You could say the same for big maps with open spaces like Complex. No matter how much you try to sprint there's always going to be someone from some angle cross map dmring you. At least with Haven most of the map is always utilized. Complex there are so many corners, nooks, crannies etc where no one really goes or people just camp.
#16TheIastspartanPosted 12/1/2012 12:46:22 PM
LifeVirus1289 posted...
Because Complex is good. Why do people keep voting for Abandon... God that map is bad on almost every mode.

I don't think Complex is good, but I wholly agree that Abandon is much, much worse. Ugh.
#17CruorComaPosted 12/1/2012 12:46:36 PM
http://tinyurl.com/8v5kyy3
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?