did anyone else get a gift from xbox live? (PLEASE HELP)

#21jpraelsterPosted 12/1/2012 1:45:41 AM
ZeroSky posted...
Wait a minute, I got a free gift as well, even though I wasted my money on the Limited Edition... I can already see all the specializations as it is, since that's apparently what they think equals "launch day access to 6 specializations", so I assume this code is redundant?

This pisses me off that much more about the LE. Blatant false advertising on the box, further made pointless by sending it out free to people before most LE players would probably have even gotten to the point of needing it, provided they aren't playing all day or stocking up on Mt Dew and Doritos. Meh.

If you got the limited edition for something you should have known would have been released to everyone eventually arent you the redundant one
#22ZeroSkyPosted 12/1/2012 1:49:13 AM
jpraelster posted...
ZeroSky posted...
Wait a minute, I got a free gift as well, even though I wasted my money on the Limited Edition... I can already see all the specializations as it is, since that's apparently what they think equals "launch day access to 6 specializations", so I assume this code is redundant?

This pisses me off that much more about the LE. Blatant false advertising on the box, further made pointless by sending it out free to people before most LE players would probably have even gotten to the point of needing it, provided they aren't playing all day or stocking up on Mt Dew and Doritos. Meh.

If you got the limited edition for something you should have known would have been released to everyone eventually arent you the redundant one

I didn't buy it for the specializations. I just assumed that "launch day access" meant it was stuff you could actually use on launch day when I read the back of the box. Crazy of an idea as that is.
#23DuwstaiPosted 12/1/2012 1:50:59 AM
jpraelster posted...
ZeroSky posted...

I didn't buy it for the specializations. I just assumed that "launch day access" meant it was stuff you could actually use on launch day when I read the back of the box. Crazy of an idea as that is.

I dont blame you for being upset, its just that most people realized this... what? A few weeks before release when they announced this was going to happen?
---
balls
#24R4M5T4R(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:53:27 AM
whats clever about pre order bonuses is you dont know exactly what/when/where those bonus codes will help. generally you expect them to arrive instantly.
EXAMPLE: borderlands 2. you get a skull key to use immediately. plus exclusive access to an arena.
so i assumed halo had something similar.
thats why i bought the limited edition pack yes.
sorry i have more money than some to spend on games. guess that is my own fault
---
RJ FC: 077522406323 statistically speaking, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy
#25ZeroSkyPosted 12/1/2012 1:54:12 AM
Duwstai posted...
jpraelster posted...
ZeroSky posted...

I dont blame you for being upset, its just that most people realized this... what? A few weeks before release when they announced this was going to happen?

I wasn't following the game all that closely leading up to the launch, partly to avoid spoilers, and partly because just about every new thing I heard about the game was making me more and more paranoid about it. I didn't really get much information about specializations until I actually had the game in hand.
#26DuwstaiPosted 12/1/2012 1:59:10 AM(edited)
whats clever about pre order bonuses is you dont know exactly what/when/where those bonus codes will help. generally you expect them to arrive instantly.
EXAMPLE: borderlands 2. you get a skull key to use immediately. plus exclusive access to an arena.

Most likely everyone on this board had the money for the LE.

Its just that not all of us blindly waste it based on ignorance, then whine about it after the fact.

I have enough money, does that mean I should buy this HDMI cable

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-2m-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354352197&sr=8-1&keywords=diamond+hdmi

Instead of this one?

http://www.amazon.com/DVI-Gear-HDMI-Cable-feet/dp/B0002L5R78/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354352257&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi

No, that would make me an idiot.

I wasn't following the game all that closely leading up to the launch, partly to avoid spoilers, and partly because just about every new thing I heard about the game was making me more and more paranoid about it. I didn't really get much information about specializations until I actually had the game in hand.

Fair enough. Sucks man.
---
balls
#27R4M5T4R(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:02:30 AM
"No, that would make me an idiot."

youre a troll.
---
RJ FC: 077522406323 statistically speaking, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy
#28ZeroSkyPosted 12/1/2012 2:03:05 AM
Duwstai posted...
http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-2m-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354352197&sr=8-1&keywords=diamond+hdmi

That is the funniest thing I've seen on Amazon in quite some time. Better hurry, there are only 3 left in stock!
#29DuwstaiPosted 12/1/2012 2:08:40 AM
"No, that would make me an idiot."

youre a troll.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
---
balls
#30SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/1/2012 2:14:47 AM
R4M5T4R posted...

Some of us have plenty of money and chose instead of getting a crappy LE game they get the standard version and another game for nearly the same price.

I love WWE '13, glad I didn't waste $40 on a lack luster LE.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux