Halo sucks because of CoD (for most people)

#11_huhPosted 12/1/2012 1:33:37 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
Halo does indeed require more work meaning you get that satisfaction of getting the kill delayed. Cod is so quick and you will get a rush so fast from stacking up lots of kills.

Halo is slower paced but not a slow game, yet it does require much more attention to stay alive and to get a kill more often than CoD does.

All in all I feel the simplicity of CoD kill/respawn mechanics vs Halo is what makes CoD subjectively the more enjoyable experience.

Gamespot writers should learn from balanced, well written posts like this.
#12AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:39:45 PM
_huh posted...
AStrawhatPirate posted...
Halo does indeed require more work meaning you get that satisfaction of getting the kill delayed. Cod is so quick and you will get a rush so fast from stacking up lots of kills.

Halo is slower paced but not a slow game, yet it does require much more attention to stay alive and to get a kill more often than CoD does.

All in all I feel the simplicity of CoD kill/respawn mechanics vs Halo is what makes CoD subjectively the more enjoyable experience.

Gamespot writers should learn from balanced, well written posts like this.

Thank you. I would honestly love to write for a game review company but have no idea how to get my foot in the door. So I resort to Gfaqs to feed my needs lol.

But honestly I just wanted to see how the community here would react to my opinion. Interesting so far to say the least.
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#13VoidBeyondPosted 12/1/2012 1:39:53 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
I don't find either CoD's near instant kills or Halo's hitscan to require more skill. The only thing Halo has going for it is a marginally longer time to kill and the ability to attempt to evade fire. But, again, hitscan.

You do know that one a few of the weapons are hitscan, right? BR is, DMR isn't.

You do know that there's no reason to choose the BR over the DMR in ranges where hitscan matters, and that the DMR performs well enough in ranges where the BR performs well, right?

Irrelevant, you implied that all the weapons were hitscan. I said they're not and used BR/DMR as an example =)

What you think you read and what I actually typed are two different things, and I've got better things to do than talk any more to a known board troll. Later.

I'm pretty far from a troll on this board, but you wouldn't know that seeing as you're new. And I know what you wrote. I said that the BR is hitscan and the DMR wasn't. You then, for whatever reason, went on a mini rant about how the DMR is better
That is completely irrelevant as it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.