How I feel about this H4's MP.

#1bladegash666Posted 12/1/2012 2:30:36 PM(edited)
OK , I say this right off the bat; Reach sucked. Bad maps , low kill times , slower gameplay. The only halfway decent playlists were/are the anniversary playlists. I love Hang em High probably more than any other MP map in existence.

With that being said...

How does Halo 4 fare? In regards to the legacy of Halo , where does H4 fall?

I'd say above Reach , but way below CE and 2. Here's why:

1. Bad maps and bad map rotation. In BTB , there's really only like 3 maps that get played. One of which is awful. I really like Ragnarok , but I'd like to play something else once in a while. I would say throw Complex in there , but Complex is the worst map not named Adrift.

2. Too much COD influence. It's bad enough that Reach had perks and loadouts , but H4 takes it further. I would have been fine if they just copied minor things from COD. Like camo and customization options , because they don't affect gameplay. But they took the Killstreak system(which was already very flawed) and manged to make it WORSE. You already have more than enough power weapons and precision weapons all over the map(no matter how random they are) but then people can call in even MORE stuff , regardless of skill?! Bull**** ref!

3. The DMR. I won't call it broken , but it's pretty messed up right now. Too much autoaim. I say give it another clip , remove the auto aim completely , and it'd be perfect.

4.Awful spawns. I'll just say ; if I spawn in front of an enemy vehicle one more time , this **** is getting traded in. I swear.

Now I know I'm not that great a player(awful in fact) but I was terrible at all the other shooters out there , and I still enjoyed them. They were more fair , even if I was scrubbin' it. This game is not that. It's a damned mess.

And yes I r mad.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#2HELZEROPosted 12/1/2012 2:30:45 PM
This is my fave halo by far. Mp is balanced. DMR is not as a big of a problem as this board makes it out to be.
#3bladegash666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:38:58 PM
Lol no. MP is not 'balanced" The DMR is the clear cut best in it's class. Versatile at every range , and you get it early on.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
#4whitepsychtigerPosted 12/1/2012 2:41:39 PM
Pretty easy to counter at close and sometimes medium range...
---
GT: PhantomGenetics
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, MInecraft 360 Current Projects: Silicon Universe, Legend Among Legend A Legend Never Dies, it is only reborn
#5Delta_F14Posted 12/1/2012 2:45:20 PM
The fact that a DMR user can effectively kill a sniper at 50 meters is a BIG problem.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#6bananasandwich1Posted 12/1/2012 2:54:40 PM
bladegash666 posted...
OK , I say this right off the bat; Reach sucked. Bad maps , low kill times , slower gameplay. The only halfway decent playlists were/are the anniversary playlists. I love Hang em High probably more than any other MP map in existence.

With that being said...

1. Bad maps and bad map rotation. In BTB , there's really only like 3 maps that get played. One of which is awful. I really like Ragnarok , but I'd like to play something else once in a while. I would say throw Complex in there , but Complex is the worst map not named Adrift.

2. Too much COD influence. It's bad enough that Reach had perks and loadouts , but H4 takes it further. I would have been fine if they just copied minor things from COD. Like camo and customization options , because they don't affect gameplay. But they took the Killstreak system(which was already very flawed) and manged to make it WORSE. You already have more than enough power weapons and precision weapons all over the map(no matter how random they are) but then people can call in even MORE stuff , regardless of skill?! Bull**** ref!

3. The DMR. I won't call it broken , but it's pretty messed up right now. Too much autoaim. I say give it another clip , remove the auto aim completely , and it'd be perfect.

4.Awful spawns. I'll just say ; if I spawn in front of an enemy vehicle one more time , this **** is getting traded in. I swear.

Now I know I'm not that great a player(awful in fact) but I was terrible at all the other shooters out there , and I still enjoyed them. They were more fair , even if I was scrubbin' it. This game is not that. It's a damned mess.

And yes I r mad.

I stopped reading after you said Reach was bad. Besides armor lock, it's the best Halo.
#7bladegash666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:57:08 PM
From: whitepsychtiger | Posted: 12/1/2012 5:41:39 PM | #004
Pretty easy to counter at close and sometimes medium range...

With anything that isn't a power weapon/DMR? Lolno.

The fact that a DMR user can effectively kill a sniper at 50 meters is a BIG problem.

Agreed.

From: bananasandwich1 | Posted: 12/1/2012 5:54:40 PM | #006
bladegash666 posted...

With that being said...

And yes I r mad.

I stopped reading after you said Reach was bad. Besides armor lock, it's the best Halo.

Besides the bad vanilla maps , slower gameplay , besides...besides.

Reach was fawful bro.
---
#8SeraphLancePosted 12/1/2012 3:02:06 PM

Halo 1 had effectively two "BTB" maps -- Sidewinder and Blood Gulch. There wasn't any matchmaking anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Halo 2 had Coagulation, Waterworks, Headlong, and... uhh... That's it, I think. We played all three because we didn't even get the option to choose, but nobody liked waterworks.

Halo 4 has 5 maps, but you're right -- only three get frequently played. That's strictly as good as Halo 2 and better than Halo 1, so your complaint on this front sucks.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#9BillyBob_21Posted 12/1/2012 3:04:16 PM
bananasandwich1 posted...
bladegash666 posted...

With that being said...

And yes I r mad.

LOL no.
#10bladegash666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:09:18 PM(edited)

Halo 1 had effectively two "BTB" maps -- Sidewinder and Blood Gulch. There wasn't any matchmaking anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Halo 2 had Coagulation, Waterworks, Headlong, and... uhh... That's it, I think. We played all three because we didn't even get the option to choose, but nobody liked waterworks.

Halo 4 has 5 maps, but you're right -- only three get frequently played. That's strictly as good as Halo 2 and better than Halo 1, so your complaint on this front sucks.

You raise a good point. However , none of the maps you listed from H1 or 2 are bad. Most of the maps(BTB or otherwise) in H4 are terrible.
---