C/D Experience system is ruining custom

#1SupaflyGibsonPosted 12/1/2012 4:15:20 PM
Last night when playing Halo 4 online my friends wouldn't play custom because they wouldn't earn as much xp doing so. Is xp the reason custom has been in decline since Halo 2? Halo 2 was simply the best for custom games because you didn't have to worry about the productivity of your time and earning xp, so you could just play custom for fun knowing you weren't missing out on anything. Would love to see the return of that system.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#2dante2k5Posted 12/1/2012 4:20:45 PM
No, I'd say your friends just need to get their priorities straight.

I still know a TON of people who play customs, and it's not that hard to find people if you look online. The idea that people would NOT play customs simply because you net less experience is just mind-boggling to me.

Also, Halo 3 had a CRAZY good customs scene. The introduction of Forge has opened the door for a ridiculous number of crazy gametypes and levels to be created, which in turn has made custom games a zillion times for interesting/varied.

Maybe you don't see it now because the fileshare system is busted and your friends don't have their heads on straight, but there's already a thriving custom game community in Halo 4. I have seen SO many amazing maps and crazy-awesome creations. You just need to look around, brother!
#3RaptorkittyPosted 12/1/2012 4:21:52 PM
I'd love to play custom, haven't enjoyed it since 2 but with some of the new features I'd enjoy it. I wish I could still earn XP offline though. :/
---
Meow Said the Raptor
GT: KittyKitty13
#4PraetorianGhostPosted 12/1/2012 4:22:32 PM
I think the lack of a Forge World is what will inevitably kill custom games.

If I play Halo, I want to screw around. If I want to screw around, I want a nice big area to screw around in. Halo 4 does not have a nice big area to screw around in, so if I am going to play custom games, I may as well go back to reach.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#5Trinity of DarknessPosted 12/1/2012 4:24:16 PM
It's not the lack of Forge World that's hindering customs, it's the fact file share/file browser isn't working properly. Most people that did customs preferred to download maps and gametypes over making them.
---
"Blame your fate!" - Kratos Aurion
#6MetaIGearRexPosted 12/1/2012 4:30:37 PM
D, no custom search is ruining customs and has been since Halo 2.