Not a fan of the Spartan IV's, nor Sarah Palmer

#11xstrudelPosted 12/2/2012 3:21:08 AM
Grimno posted...
The Spartan IV's are the first "public" Spartan group (As read in the LE pamplets).
Unlike the other groups that were more "hush hush", these ones are in the spotlight, signing autographs and smiling for Pepsi commercials
While they do have the augmentations needed to survive using the armor that is on par with the master chief's, they don't have the discipline so they are... military jarheads.
I personally like them like that, since it makes you go "Oh God... what has become of Spartan." but it also gives them personalities so you can identify with them, etc etc etc.

Course if you think the Spartans are going downhill now, you should see the future projects!

Spartan IV's - Trained Volunteers from Branches of the Military and Previous Spartan Groups
Spartan V's - Normal Marines just given bigger weapons.
Spartan VI's - Everyone in Medical Bay's B through J
Spartan VII's - The Fry Cooks onboard the Infinity
Spartan VIII's - Homeless people we abducted using dirty magazines and half a sandwhich.
Spartan VIII's - Dr. Cox from Scrubs
Spartan IX's - A picture with an angry face scribbled on it that we dangle from a string at defensive positions surrounding key military locations.
Spartan X's - Dutch Manhandler, The Handler of Many Men

Spartan VIII's - Dr. Cox from Scrubs, My favorite so far, aside from Derrick
---
You see eventually I hope to build an entire purple person... And we will be best friends
#12Ubergrim3Posted 12/2/2012 3:28:46 AM(edited)
Grimno posted...

"*sees a guy using a sniper in multiplayer* Tell ya what there, Cindy, here's a prescription for two testicles. You get that filled whenever you like."

"I mean MY GOD, squid-face, are you a real alien or an alien like my housekeeper Luisa is an alien?"

"Things I care as little about as your ideas for how to balance multiplayer: Lemme see, uhh... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything - everything that exists - past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions. Oh! And Hugh Jackman."

XD

And you gotta consider, the SPARTAN IVs are actual people who live actual lives. SPARTANs before them were test subjects raised on indoctrination and not allowed to ever stop fighting.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#13TheApd_ReturnsPosted 12/2/2012 3:30:32 AM
they're just an example of poor military writing. they wouldn't fill the ranks of a cutting edge new program with a bunch of people with the mentality of 18-20 year old privates. there are brosephs and oh-so-badasses in the military, but the kind of people you see in Special Forces, flying B-2 bombers, or testing the latest naval weaponry arent your run of the mill "uhuhuh lets go kill sum **** and then drink alot and **** some gurlz huhuuhhh" folks
#14GrimnoPosted 12/2/2012 3:34:08 AM
xstrudel posted...
Grimno posted...
The Spartan IV's are the first "public" Spartan group (As read in the LE pamplets).
Unlike the other groups that were more "hush hush", these ones are in the spotlight, signing autographs and smiling for Pepsi commercials
While they do have the augmentations needed to survive using the armor that is on par with the master chief's, they don't have the discipline so they are... military jarheads.
I personally like them like that, since it makes you go "Oh God... what has become of Spartan." but it also gives them personalities so you can identify with them, etc etc etc.

Course if you think the Spartans are going downhill now, you should see the future projects!

Spartan IV's - Trained Volunteers from Branches of the Military and Previous Spartan Groups
Spartan V's - Normal Marines just given bigger weapons.
Spartan VI's - Everyone in Medical Bay's B through J
Spartan VII's - The Fry Cooks onboard the Infinity
Spartan VIII's - Homeless people we abducted using dirty magazines and half a sandwhich.
Spartan IX's - A picture with an angry face scribbled on it that we dangle from a string at defensive positions surrounding key military locations.
Spartan X's - Dutch Manhandler, The Handler of Many Men

Spartan VIII's - Dr. Cox from Scrubs, My favorite so far, aside from Derrick

Spartan Cox - "I'm sure you're all wondering why I accepted the specification attendee rank of Operator considering my disdain for well..... all of you. Is it the extra four dollars a week in my paycheck or is it the fact that I finally have a chance to make a difference in this god forsaken heckhole. It's all about the four dollars trust me, and seeing as my money is contigent on you lemmings actually doing your jobs, I would say that now is a pretty good time for you to scurry on back to work so I can afford the antidepresents that keep me so darn Jolly! Hahahhaaaaa...GO!"
---
~Grimno (The Eccentric Gamer) "I don't need luck, I have ammo."
Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ridmond
#15Ubergrim3Posted 12/2/2012 3:36:49 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
they're just an example of poor military writing. they wouldn't fill the ranks of a cutting edge new program with a bunch of people with the mentality of 18-20 year old privates. there are brosephs and oh-so-badasses in the military, but the kind of people you see in Special Forces, flying B-2 bombers, or testing the latest naval weaponry arent your run of the mill "uhuhuh lets go kill sum **** and then drink alot and **** some gurlz huhuuhhh" folks

I'm pretty sure there are more than a few pilots, special forces, and weapon testers who act like that. In fact, I know there are. I think you buy in to the popular portrayal of Hollywood special forces too much. Soldiers, no matter how trained, are people, and people have many different personalities.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx