I'm glad this Specialization fiasco happened

#31furykiddPosted 12/2/2012 10:40:01 AM
Turns out you still need that flame shield bro.

Oh...wait...what's that you say? You didn't pay an extra 60 dollars for your flame shield code?!?! You shoulda known better, bro. I'd let you use mine, since I did fork out the extra money, but sadly the code didn't work and I'm still trying to contact *Generic video game company that uses preorder codes and special edition video games to make more money.*

Back to super mario world.
#32ODommPosted 12/2/2012 11:00:42 AM
TC, let me put it this way about your complaints with paying extra...

Let's say your city has a Symphonic Orchestra. Now, you can pay for a ticket to go see that Orchestra perform, but some people make donations out of the goodness of their hearts. If you donate a certain sum of money, you are considered to be a Benefactor of that Orchestra. A Benefactor is like a special member, a VIP. They get benefits like Season Passes, private concerts and other things for the orchestra. So why should you, someone who has only been to 1 or 2 concerts, get the same benefits of the Benefactors?

So think of it this way now; the people who pay extra or preorder from these chains are Benefactors of the game, since they are essentially donating that extra money that is paid to the company that made the game. Naturally, the adult minds of the company see these people as donators, so the least they can do is give them a little something special such as a little piece of armor.

It's called a promotion TC, and it is everywhere in marketing.
If you've ever purchased something because of a buy-one-get-one-free deal or even if you have gone Black Friday shopping, you have no room to complain about this.
---
Proud Audiophile
#33lnknprk_45Posted 12/2/2012 11:12:29 AM
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
lnknprk_45 posted...
To be fair the preorder bonuses for Halo 4 were on the right track. It was just armor that could otherwise be unlocked from completing challenges/leveling that had a unique pattern that's barely noticeable. The issue is with how they handled the specializations. It should have never been included with the LE. They should have never had it as a code where you had to play by a certain date to receive it, and even then there's people who still don't have it.

Specializations aren't just cosmetic. They give in-game advantages. You can't go around giving in-game advantages to certain people, and locking out anyone who didn't meet the requirements. It basically makes the game pointless to play if you are a late adopter. Why play and level up if you don't have access to the same advantages.

What? There's no way to unlock the preorder armors.

Gungnir, Oceanic, Venator, Hazop, CIO. They are all able to be unlocked in-game. What isn't unlockable is the patterns that are on that armor, but like I said it's barely noticeable outside the portrait card.

Preorder skins = cosmetic. No biggie. Specializations = in-game advantages that can turn the tide of a fight. Big no no.

Fotus is not a preorder skin, it's an exclusive bonus for buying the console. Locus is not unlockable in-game so you got me there, but that's part of a promotion with the 7/11 KOTH app.
#34Super VejitaPosted 12/2/2012 11:18:57 AM
ODomm posted...

Let's say your city has a Symphonic Orchestra. Now, you can pay for a ticket to go see that Orchestra perform, but some people make donations out of the goodness of their hearts. If you donate a certain sum of money, you are considered to be a Benefactor of that Orchestra. A Benefactor is like a special member, a VIP. They get benefits like Season Passes, private concerts and other things for the orchestra. So why should you, someone who has only been to 1 or 2 concerts, get the same benefits of the Benefactors?

So think of it this way now; the people who pay extra or preorder from these chains are Benefactors of the game, since they are essentially donating that extra money that is paid to the company that made the game. Naturally, the adult minds of the company see these people as donators, so the least they can do is give them a little something special such as a little piece of armor.

If you've ever purchased something because of a buy-one-get-one-free deal or even if you have gone Black Friday shopping, you have no room to complain about this.

The armors are one thing. The specializations are another entirely. I find it amusing that some of you are missing this point entirely.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#35NightTerrorX99Posted 12/2/2012 11:22:32 AM
The best part of TC's topic is that the specializations' weren't a pre-order bonus. The pre-order bonuses were strictly store exclusive armor perms and avatar items.

The codes were a bonus of the LE and the a gift for playing H4 by the 20th of November.

This topic could not be more embarrassing.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#36Seto_RyuPosted 12/2/2012 11:39:28 AM
I'm not going to call you a stupid term like "baddie" or something TC, but I will say getting joy from the misery of others is kind of dickish.
#37CyhortI82Posted 12/2/2012 12:18:56 PM
Yep, one screw up means the whole "unlock with a code" thing is totally useless. Let's just scrap it despite the fact that 99% of the time it works perfectly fine. That seems to be the new American way after all.....

And to your other point, I'd much rather pre order and get a code to unlock a weapon that go through some ridiculously convoluted or frustrating in game thing to get it.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#38FlufyW0lf3yPosted 12/2/2012 12:27:56 PM
nnytherkiller posted...
darren19822000 posted...
nnytherkiller posted...
darren19822000 posted...
pblimp360 posted...
lol @ "randoms". Newsflash, we don't know your ass either guy.

sorry if the baddies and noobs dont know me. i play with quite a few people here..just not scrubs like you

Do you even lift?

i lift 10 lbs every time i take a piss thanks for asking

do you even game?

Bro lifting a fat roll to take a piss isn't something to brag about.

I actually just laughed pretty hard.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#39NovaLevossidaPosted 12/2/2012 1:01:36 PM
ODomm posted...

This example is way off. This would be like letting the donators hear the full performance of an orchestra, but letting everyone else only hear the first 60% of it. Then they have to go outside and leave.

Most games feature an early unlock system as a bonus. Here's some guns early, early camo, a prestige token to unlock something that you'd normally only get when you hit the level cap, etc. Halo 4 went the most moronic route I have ever seen by not rewarding people buying the upsell but punishing everyone who did not buy it. Instead of giving a bonus for the upsell, they hold everyone else back.

This is goddamn unheard of, and there's a reason why other companies don't do this: it pisses people off. Now they implement a system to remove the cap for certain people. This doesn't include kids getting this for Christmas, and it definitely doesn't include people in some countries. They'll still be capped. However, even the system to remove the cap isn't working for a very large portion of the community, and the official stance on it has been that all emails have been sent, Xbox won't be sending new emails, you should check your junk folder, etc.

The only thing that they haven't said is, "We've had a problem with the mass emails. We're working on it."
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#40enterthemadroxPosted 12/2/2012 1:16:08 PM
pblimp360 posted...
^ Wow, proof read your post next time guy.

Why should he?

He has no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

I agree Top Cat, very well explained.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong