Halo 5: DMR Discontinued

#1ODommPosted 12/2/2012 11:09:52 AM
Would you like to see the DMR in Halo 5? - Results (106 votes)
Yes
35.85% (38 votes)
No
33.02% (35 votes)
Yes, but balance it with the BR
31.13% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now don't get m wrong, I loved me some DMR in Reach and in this game, but now it seems like the majority dislike it. At first I was advocating that people just change their tactics, but then I realized how dominant a ten of DMR users is.

I also love Halo 4 multiplayer, and I think it is one of the best in the series, but there is always that little part of me that misses AR or BR starts.

So what would everyone like to see in Halo 5? Removal of DMR? Balancing of DMR (assuming they don't already do that in this game)?

Personally, I really have mixed feelings about it. Can't decide if they should bring it back balanced or just kick it. I guess it depends on how (if) they end up balancing it in 4.
---
Proud Audiophile
#2thirtyFWEEPosted 12/2/2012 11:11:01 AM
wont vote your poll is stupid and ur just bad with the DMR deal with it
---
mods are hypersensitive little girls.
#3nathninteyonePosted 12/2/2012 11:11:22 AM
Make it an ordinance drop or better yet, get rid of ordinance and make it a map pick up...
#4ODomm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:14:43 AM
thirtyFWEE posted...
wont vote your poll is stupid and ur just bad with the DMR deal with it

Did you even read? I love using the DMR and I am actually guilty of dominating many games with it.
My DMR mastery > your DMR Adept kid
I got bored of using it, started playing Dominion with AR/CC/BR having much more fun now.
---
Proud Audiophile
#5gamegod13Posted 12/2/2012 11:27:23 AM
I have no problem with the DMR, I would argue that the DMR is a good weapon, but it is really only considered "broken" or imbalanced because of its range combined with the stupid stopping power mechanic.

The DMR gives players the ability to hit targets at range, with decent accuracy and damage. That's fine, but because of the stopping power mechanic getting hit reduces your movement speed to the point that if you dont get to cover in a couple of seconds within being shot by a DMR user, you're dead.

In my eyes, the DMR although not perfectly balanced, is fine, stopping power is the problem.
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#6SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/2/2012 11:39:11 AM
In my opinion the DMR is the most perfect weapon since the CE pistol. It could use some tweaks, still (which is a little lame since this is the second appearance), but it's an awesome weapon.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux