Remind me again why Reach was bad

#21NiMRODPiPosted 12/2/2012 12:56:22 PM
If you couldn't handle bloom, you sucked with precision weapons. Pace the shot over distance and you win. Instead, Halo 4 is about who sees who first since the DMR has absurd aim assist. Frankly, I'll take bloom over this new easy mode DMR. Halo 4 is still fun as hell though.

Oh and if you're spamming DMR over short distance, you're playing the game wrong.
---
North, West, South, West
#22__balePosted 12/2/2012 12:56:54 PM
I actually thought DMR bloom was a very good and clever mechanic. As opposed to H4 where it does sort of come down to who sees who first (ala CoD) in Reach both opponents have a fair chance even if one does get the first shot. Because bloom makes it more difficult to kill it required more skill, therefore Reach DMR's are much more interesting than H4 DMR's.

That's just my two cents.

god damnit.....

thank you for ruining halo. thank you
#23kjs7Posted 12/2/2012 1:11:41 PM
TheSexySasuke posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...

Needle rifle was useless

You were bad huh?

yeah.....needle rifle was definitely not useless.
---
;)
Steam: goo.gl/2r6pC PSN: kschroen Xbox Live/Origin: Bobaliciousj
#24MetaIGearRexPosted 12/2/2012 1:14:13 PM
NiMRODPi posted...
If you couldn't handle bloom, you sucked with precision weapons. Pace the shot over distance and you win. Instead, Halo 4 is about who sees who first since the DMR has absurd aim assist. Frankly, I'll take bloom over this new easy mode DMR. Halo 4 is still fun as hell though.

Oh and if you're spamming DMR over short distance, you're playing the game wrong.

No. I can get people to miss a shot or two very often in mid to close range with a good strafe. Your just bad at Halo and making crap up.
---
My sarcastic tone doesn't translate over the Internet, which makes me sound like an ass. Usually I mean no offense.
#25SahdukPosted 12/2/2012 1:15:00 PM
metralo posted...
cadillacactor posted...
Because you're on this board, and everyone on this board thinks that the previous game in any series HAS to be worse than the current one.

this is absolutely untrue

no one liked Reach when it was current either

---
"Lithiiii, dat laugh <3"
#26kilfrfunPosted 12/2/2012 1:18:07 PM
Bloom, maps, bloom, armor lock, bloom, host advantage, and bloom, especially bloom on the magnum, seriously you can fall from space and live but you can't handle the kick from a pistol?! And every water death it's like they can't swim or stand in a 4 inch tide.
---
We need Dinos
#27NovaLevossidaPosted 12/2/2012 1:20:42 PM
Most of my complaints with Reach weren't due to direct gameplay mechanics.

1. They had a system that prevented people from earning exp offfline or with I think silver accounts. Once you played online, it forced you into that system, and your gamertag was never able to play offline and earn armor unlocks. They released the game with a free gold weekend, making it so that most people who bought the game played it online for the free gold that weekend. They then lost their free gold status when the weekend was over, and were unable to earn credits and such offline. Some people did like the campaign / firefight local co-op and solo play a lot, and this screwed a lot of them over. It didn't apply to me, but it was a fiasco.

2. Daily exp caps. This was the first sight of them in the series, and I thought it was stupid then, and it's stupid now.

3. Quit ban. Quit ban made me quit the game. The match that made me quit the game went like this: Playing Swordbase, some guys in the room above the lift, I throw a couple of frags up the lift and then a plasma grenade up the lift. My teammate, who had been watching me do this, decides to run in front of me as I'm throwing the second plasma grenade. It sticks to his back, he goes up the lift, and he dies. I get a betrayal (first one of the match actually), he boots me for betraying him, and I get to the main menu. I try to go into Matchmaking and it says that I have a quit ban for being booted from the betrayal. At that point, I said "**** this game," and I haven't played it since.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#28gamegod13Posted 12/2/2012 1:21:18 PM
Many people would say "bloom" or "armor lock", I would say "stupid ranking credit system."

You couldn't see everything you were going to unlock, and far too many times did I spent all my credits only to rank up and find out there was something even more awesome than what I previously purchased, and that it costs either the same amount, or twice as much. The armor didn't even ****ing do anything, and because of the way the system worked, everyone who was the same level used the same armor...

People who likes playing elites also got screwed over because of their height difference and incredibly limited selection of armor.

I can't really remember any gameplay complaints at the moment, except maybe the abundance and strength of armor lock and jetpack...

I do have to say though...I miss the needle rifle...
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#29NiMRODPiPosted 12/2/2012 1:24:30 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
NiMRODPi posted...

No. I can get people to miss a shot or two very often in mid to close range with a good strafe. Your just bad at Halo and making crap up.

Says the guy who can't handle Reach. I thought Reach was all "noob" friendly. And strafe miss a DMR at close range? Great, since DMR is a mid to long range weapon that is meaningless. Anyone can miss there. If you're that close you should be using boltshot or pistol.

Learn to play.
---
North, West, South, West
#30EcotronPosted 12/2/2012 1:25:12 PM
kjs7 posted...
TheSexySasuke posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...

Needle rifle was useless

You were bad huh?

yeah.....needle rifle was definitely not useless.

yeah that think was pretty beast. I preferred it to the drm on zealot