Remind me again why Reach was bad

#61Donuts_R_GoodPosted 12/2/2012 6:48:21 PM
Armor Lock and Sword Block alone were enough to make me rage for centuries.

Other than those, though, I liked the game.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#62Bnkai4tailLuffyPosted 12/2/2012 6:50:51 PM
What do you all mean by "bloom"?
---
A "TWEWY Hipster"? I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Official THREAD DESTROYER of the TWEWY Board
#63lderivedxPosted 12/2/2012 7:04:09 PM
What do you all mean by "bloom"?

You shoot your gun, your reticule gets bigger. In particular, it was on the precision weapons.
---
I bet you're one of those people who ruin my mainslaying by going -15 so stop saying that other people ruin gaming.-im r awful gt:i derive dx
#64jats605Posted 12/2/2012 7:17:03 PM(edited)
Plezbo_Grundle posted...
The bloom was just realistic,

This implies that either:
A SPARTAN can't control the kick from a 7.62x51mm NATO round at all
or
The Navy is making a rifle that can't handle a 7.62 500 years from now.

Neither one of these is plausible.

To anyone who says to pace your shots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0

Unless both parties let the reticle completely reset between shots which NO ONE did, it was a coin-flip; no skill required.
---
I will get in an Abrams and sit on the runway, right in front of the jets. Jets can't go in reverse.
--PunchTheKeys
#65Dr_ThroatpunchPosted 12/2/2012 7:18:47 PM
Reach was my favorite Halo multiplayer (so possibly my favorite online multiplayer ever), and I loved the campaign and its scoring and commedations stuff. Loved it. Loved that whole game. Honestly, if they had just patched Armor Lock so that it only worked for long enough to unstick yourself or destroy an oncoming vehicle (also known as "how it was meant to be used"), it would have been near perfect.

There was nothing wrong with the Needle Rifle. I should know: I picked it every time I played Slayer Pro so I could get those delicious plasma grenades. I never had to worry that my opponent was using a DMR.
#66TurboReaperPosted 12/2/2012 7:24:23 PM(edited)
Viper_XLT posted...
I enjoyed Reach as well. No idea why there was so much hostility towards it..

Hostility for Reach stems from:

- OMG I'M NOT MASTER CHIEF!

- Armor abilities.

- Different from the book

- Bloom

- "Made MC seem useless" is what a lot of people say. I disagree with those people. For all anyone knows, he was still being his badass self. It was war, no combatant is going to be watching the news to keep up on MC's latest exploits. They have bigger things to worry about besides how awesome MC is.

The list isn't in any order really. Keep in mind that Reach was one of my favorite Halo games simply because it was different, and the campaign was enjoyable for me.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#67metalclashPosted 12/2/2012 7:21:55 PM
Reach was just unfun to play. Customs were bad, along with BTB
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#68SahdukPosted 12/2/2012 7:23:32 PM
TurboReaper posted...
Viper_XLT posted...

- Armor abilities.

- "Made MC seem useless" is what a lot of people say. I disagree with those people. For all anyone knows, he was still being his badass self. It was war, no combatant is going to be watching the news to keep up on MC's latest exploits. They have bigger things to worry about besides how awesome MC is.

The list isn't in any order really. Keep in mind that Reach was one of my favorite Halo games simply because it was different, and the campaign was enjoyable for me.

what.
---
"Lithiiii, dat laugh <3"
#69TurboReaperPosted 12/2/2012 7:26:12 PM
Sahduk posted...
TurboReaper posted...
Viper_XLT posted...

- Armor abilities.

what.

Forgot to add in bloom for one of the reasons people hated Reach. Those are, without a doubt, the top reasons I have read about why people hated Reach.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#70lderivedxPosted 12/2/2012 7:27:23 PM
Maps sucked.
Physics were inconsistent.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady