Remind me again why Reach was bad

#71PoppadopPosted 12/2/2012 7:10:13 PM
TurboReaper posted...
- Worse than the book

Fix'd. The Fall of Reach and First Strike's depiction of the Battle of Reach was much better than Noble Team's snuff film.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#72jakeDiLLaPosted 12/2/2012 7:15:09 PM
FullMetalMega posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Dmr bloom
Armor lock abusers
Jet pack flight length
Crappy graphics
Sprint as a power
No BR
Needle rifle was useless
Lots of lag compensation
The list goes on...

Jet pack in reach is better than the one now. not so much for the length of airborne time but more so for the actual thrust of the jet pack.

Agreed
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#73h82k2Posted 12/2/2012 7:32:21 PM
yeah bloom was kinda stupid
no br probably the best weapon from halo 3
campaign was ok
maps are ok but not as good as halo 2 and 3
shotgun seem a bit more powerful than crappy halo 3 shotgun
not that much lag IMO
forge world ...probably the best thing about reach
armor lock in team games sucked.
Headhunter one of the best ffa modes IMO
---
shotgun blues
#74danger_sHarKs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:33:39 PM
Well, I guess I just have a differing opinion than everyone. I thought the maps were pretty good (Boardwalk, Sword Base, and the Forge maps like Uncaged) I had a good time on all of those no matter the game mode. I also liked playing with bloom. But whatever. I'm not trying to force any of you to like Reach.
#75DarkPassngerPosted 12/2/2012 7:43:56 PM
As far as the bloom effect goes, how about the fact that super soldier Spartans IIIs have to wait to fire a weapon before it becomes at all accurate again. This whole concept to me sounded lame. Just like that they had sprint as an armor ability.

If they wanted to add difficulty to firing a precision weapon then add some recoil that you have to adjust to when firing like a real weapon would function. Not some indicator that says you just fired and now you must wait till I shrink down some before firing again or else you won't hit anything at all.

Just wasn't a fan of bloom because the concept was flawed.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#76CKnightPosted 12/3/2012 1:51:44 AM
Poppadop posted...
TurboReaper posted...
- Worse than the book

Fix'd. The Fall of Reach and First Strike's depiction of the Battle of Reach was much better than Noble Team's snuff film.

Yeah theyre novels, a much more detailed and indepth look at the events. Just like the book Interview with a Vampire gives a much better depiction of that story compared to the movie.

The game streamlined things a bit and gave the player a singular view with the Noble Squad as the main focus.
#77Demon SlicerPosted 12/3/2012 7:10:51 PM
F_Wolf posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
F_Wolf posted...
So...you sucked at it, so it must be bad, got it.

Logic and reading comprehension is hard for you, isn't it?

Look, I can plug random keywords into a rant generator also, lots of text does not equal a correct outlook or a good argument by default. I know you glanced at it and just got so overwhelmed you lost all rational thought and just assumed it must be correct, but I'm a big boy and can read and it's just full of opinionated garbage to cover up the fact they they can't handle the game.

Everything I stated was fact, and I promise that I'm better than you. Also, stop trying so hard.

RedWaggon posted...
In response to Demon Slicer, you make a good point. However, the probability that a spamming player's shots all hit the controlled player is very low. The player that chooses to control the space in between shots for a finer circle reticle (fine enough to fit the enemy's body or head) is more likely to win the fight. Yes, the controlled player doesn't shoot as fast, and in theory there is a possibility that all the spamming player's shots hit, but that probability is very low. To sum it up, chance doesn't determine the outcome of the battle. If the enemy is farther away, it is wiser to control the bloom, while if the enemy is close up, feel free to fire away. The bloom was meant to enable players to determine how accurate they want the reticle vs how fast they want the shots. Players have to judge distance to decide how fast they want to shoot. Sure, there's probably an exact distance where controlled vs spammed is a 50-50 shot, and there could also be a case where one player is controlling it slightly too much while the other is shooting slightly too fast, but for the most part, the player with the ability to make their firing rate adapt to the distance away from the enemy is way more likely to emerge victorious. That's a skill.

A) I was talking about Reach, but H4 bloom is less of factor and spamming is very effective now.

B) I've already addressed what you're saying in my long post. And words like "more likely" and "the most part" means there's a chance that it won't turn out that way, and chance shouldn't part of the equation, which is why bloom is bad, which was the point of my post.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#78kushahilicPosted 12/3/2012 7:11:52 PM
bananasandwich1 posted...
It wasn't. Besides armor lock it was the best halo to date. Far better than Halo 4. Don't get me wrong like Halo 4 but I think Reach was better, especially the campaign.

Clearly never played halo 2 or halo 4...
#79PoppadopPosted 12/3/2012 7:51:38 PM
CKnight posted...
The game streamlined things a bit and gave the player a singular view with the Noble Squad as the main focus.

Pfft., if only. The game didn't streamline what the books said about the Battle of Reach; it more or less threw them out.

**SPOILERS for TFoR and H:R**

In the books, the Pillar of Autumn and the S-IIs are about to head off on Operation: RED FLAG when the Covenant Fleet of Particular Justice arrives. John, Linda, and James head to secure NAV data on Gamma Station above Reach while the rest of the S-IIs head to the ground. A few hours into this, the battle is all but lost, the PoA picks up John and a clinically dead Linda, and they jump to Halo.

It is possible to merge the games and the books, but the result is complete garbage. For starters, most of Reach, including Keyes and the S-IIs [minus Jorge] would have to be totally unaware of the Fleet of Valiant Prudence [the advance force] for about three weeks. Next, ONI would have to hold off RED FLAG for a month after they learned that Covenant were on Reach. Then, there's the fact that ONI thought holding off RED FLAG until more Covenant arrived was a good idea, and then they don't even follow through.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#80VirtrudianPosted 12/3/2012 8:03:02 PM
Too much bloom. Lack of Spartan Ops. No specializations.
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7