Okay, 343 actually wants to help you now if you don't have the code.

#111gamewarrior88Posted 12/3/2012 7:14:32 PM
Bump for an update from the waypoint site:

bs angel;1945013 wrote:
Some players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account. We are working to send affected players their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console). The text will read as follows, and we expect players to start receiving these messages this week. Thank you for your continued patience, and we will provide an update when all messages have been sent.

Xbox 360 Dashboard message text

Quote:
Your Halo 4 gift is waiting! Here is your token to unlock six Specializations in Halo 4. We apologize for the delay in providing this and thank you for participating in our program. See you on the virtual battlefield!

---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#112GeekmlPosted 12/3/2012 7:29:07 PM
I happened to play ON November 20th, does that mean I should be getting the code?
#113gamewarrior88Posted 12/3/2012 7:35:08 PM
I think the original promo said if you played by 11:59:59pm on Nov 20th, so yeah...seems like you're qualified.
---
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#114ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/3/2012 9:19:31 PM
gamewarrior88 posted...
did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account.

Well, yet another solution they've come up with which I'm 100% positive wasn't my problem in the first place.

~sigh~

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#115gamewarrior88Posted 12/3/2012 10:41:53 PM
ParanoidObsessive posted...
gamewarrior88 posted...
did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account.

Well, yet another solution they've come up with which I'm 100% positive wasn't my problem in the first place.

~sigh~

Lol you know that they will never admit that they screwed up right? Hopefully...whatever it is that they choose to say was "the problem"...it'll lead to a solution of some kind.
---
#116builder111Posted 12/4/2012 8:42:12 AM
gamewarrior88 posted...

bs angel;1945013 wrote:
Some players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account. We are working to send affected players their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console). The text will read as follows, and we expect players to start receiving these messages this week. Thank you for your continued patience, and we will provide an update when all messages have been sent.

Quote:
Your Halo 4 gift is waiting! Here is your token to unlock six Specializations in Halo 4. We apologize for the delay in providing this and thank you for participating in our program. See you on the virtual battlefield!

You think they will do this?! Why didn't they just send it this way in the first place??!

Shame on them for STILL saying it was user error though, there's nothing wrong with my damn e-mail I get plenty of e-mails from xbox.
#117builder111Posted 12/4/2012 8:49:52 AM
oh wow i actually got my code (sent to my xboxlive inbox), faith restored!
#118BB52700Posted 12/4/2012 8:59:03 AM
builder111 posted...
gamewarrior88 posted...

bs angel;1945013 wrote:

Quote:

You think they will do this?! Why didn't they just send it this way in the first place??!

Shame on them for STILL saying it was user error though, there's nothing wrong with my damn e-mail I get plenty of e-mails from xbox.

nope. I mean, it wouldnt take but a quick check of my GT to see that its an adult account, purchased in the US, and that I have date-stamped achievements prior to Nov. 20th. And, even though there was apparently a problem with my e-mail (odd since its the same e-mail Ive had my entire 4 years of xbox live membership and i always get e-mails from microsoft) and they can just send it via xbox live message, I've accepted that I wont be getting the specializations.

The stupid thing about it is that I might not even play enough to get to level 50. its the fact that they promised me something which I met all the requirements for, and they are saying its somehow my fault I didnt get it. it become a crusade of sorts lol. but I give up. the man is sticking it to me lol
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#119LugovesPosted 12/4/2012 10:32:28 AM
builder111 posted...
gamewarrior88 posted...

bs angel;1945013 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, that's some straight up BS on their part. My Live email is very much active and valid and I've gotten every single email from them regarding Halo 4 in the past except the damn Spec code one.

Now it'll be like, "Well, your email is valid so you're out of luck now. Sorry and see you on the virtual battlefield!"
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#120ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/4/2012 1:33:26 PM
gamewarrior88 posted...
Lol you know that they will never admit that they screwed up right?

Oh, I know. I've even said it a few times. It's pretty clear they've been in PR spin/cover their asses mode for a while.

The problem, though, is that if they continue to deny there was ever a problem, and keep emphasizing the idea that the error was on the users' end, it can lead to things like this:

Lugoves posted...
Yeah, that's some straight up BS on their part. My Live email is very much active and valid and I've gotten every single email from them regarding Halo 4 in the past except the damn Spec code one.

Now it'll be like, "Well, your email is valid so you're out of luck now. Sorry and see you on the virtual battlefield!"

Yeah, same boat. Plus, I actually checked all my e-mail addresses on Live (both log-in and billing), all of which were exactly the same and the one that I actively use.

I'm basically just waiting for "Oh, we only resent codes to people we literally got "undeliverable mail" messages for in our e-mail sender account, so if we didn't get one then clearly your e-mail was valid the whole time and it's your own fault and you deleted it somehow, so you don't get another code."

Which will burn my ass because I know -I'm- not the one who lost it. Because I checked my spam and trash folders (nothing there), and haven't deleted anything at all while waiting for it. Whether they screwed up or it was simply lost in the ether somehow (which does happen, occasionally), there was never a point in the entire process when an action (or failure to act) on my part should have affected this e-mail in any way.

It probably wouldn't even be quite as annoying if they hadn't sent me the e-mail advertising Black Ops 2 on the same day the codes were supposed to go out.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family