Okay, 343 actually wants to help you now if you don't have the code.

#61kinggoldfingerPosted 12/2/2012 7:21:36 PM
Protoman_X38 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
kinggoldfinger posted...
How do you prove it? I got an email from Xbox regarding Halo 4, but no code...

They aren't actually wanting proof. Just reply with your gamertag and with a Yes or No answer to each question.

Yeah, your gamertag is already enough proof for them.

Cool, thanks!
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#62Protoman_X38Posted 12/2/2012 7:22:54 PM
kinggoldfinger posted...
Protoman_X38 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
kinggoldfinger posted...
How do you prove it? I got an email from Xbox regarding Halo 4, but no code...

They aren't actually wanting proof. Just reply with your gamertag and with a Yes or No answer to each question.

Yeah, your gamertag is already enough proof for them.

Cool, thanks!

Doesn't mean you are getting your code.... :/
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#63EddMarioPosted 12/2/2012 7:23:42 PM
I think it's safe to say it's the Robot Chicken Hat in TF2 all over again.
When will companies learn...
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#64tarzanmxPosted 12/2/2012 7:29:48 PM
EddMario posted...
I think it's safe to say it's the Robot Chicken Hat in TF2 all over again.
When will companies learn...

Haha, Indeed.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#65pblimp360Posted 12/2/2012 7:31:08 PM
CKnight posted...
This code thing is so stupid, hopefully ms/343 learn from this.

Agreed.
---
#Halo 4
#66ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/2/2012 7:31:33 PM
LoafSkull posted...
i have seen multiple people post and re post because they think its not posting and fail to look and see if it has or not.

To be fair to those people, it is generally somewhat difficult to confirm if your post appears in the topic when apparently 20 pages worth of posts have been added since the last time you looked, and you can't actually load any of them because the site keeps giving you "Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request" 90% of the time. Even in other, completely non-related topics.

It definitely doesn't help that the forums there are kind of non-intuitive (especially for people who never would have bothered posting there about anything if not for this problem), which makes it hard to, say, track down the link to see your own posts in your profile if you don't already know it's there.

And for anyone who is only just coming here after having wasted time last night on the horrifically poorly designed XBox support forum, there's likely already a strong degree of frustration involving poor forum feedback/posts mysteriously vanishing into the ether (even ones that have no objectionable content at all, and thus almost certainly weren't deleted by mods/admins).

I actually knew how to verify my own post (which apparently went through), but I can absolutely understand why other people can't.

Especially if they're upset and not thinking as rationally as they should be.

Todosho posted...
I think it's really funny, that some don't know how to read.

She said just put Yes/No as an answer...a ton are typing out essay's.

Again, to be fair, at this point a lot of people have lost all faith that any of the people involved have any real idea of what the hell they're doing at all, so they have zero confidence in what they're being told.

People trying to provide proof, offer extra information, or clarify their "yes" answers along the lines of "Yes, I am over 17" are almost certainly doing so in the hopes of avoiding being screwed over on a technicality. Because they assume BS Angel is essentially feeding them, well, BS.

(again, likely an even stronger assumption by anyone who spent last night/this morning in the XBox support forum topic on the subject, where they just had everyone who was having trouble post, then closed and locked the thread while essentially posting the same useless form-letter information from the Waypoint topic with no solution or information on how to actually FIX the problem)

Though, of course, providing too much information may itself become the technicality they get screwed over on ("I told you just say yes or no! You made it confusing, so now it's your fault we skipped you!"), so it's not as if this is a game anyone really knows how to win.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#67ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/2/2012 7:36:53 PM
Also, having never posted on the XBox support forums before, and only posting on the Waypoint forums once or twice before, I am ASTONISHED at how incredibly clunky and poorly-designed they are.

I have seen InvisionFree boards created 15 years ago that function more smoothly and intuitively with greater functionality than either of these two forums. Which borders on crazy when you realize they're expected to be the cornerstones of a community which is exceedingly tech-savvy.

Like getting a room full of physicists together to design a new, sleek functional spacecraft for manned flight but then giving everyone abacuses.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#68LoafSkullPosted 12/2/2012 7:44:06 PM
i am in the same boat as most of these people who dont have a code. i have been waiting patiently since the 20th. being impatient and freaking out will not help anyone. if people took the time to verify their posts it would not be this hellish. when i did post my message and thought it didnt post. i painstakingly went through the next few pages to look and see if it was there or not (now i know there is an option in your profile) but i didnt freak immediately because it didnt tell me that i posted or not. i have also seen posts on that forum from people who expect their codes right when they post on that board. its ridiculous tbh and people need to think before they overreact.
#69hotcocobunnyPosted 12/2/2012 7:50:18 PM
Glad I checked this board. I was having serious problems posting there as well. According to my last 10 posts, it says my posts did go through. Apparently at least 10 of them. :-/

I'd delete the extras as well if I could. Had no idea how to check any of those things as I had never used that forum before.

Thanks to all for the tips.
---
www.MyGameTruck.com
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/144132/jericho.gif
#70Shrek81Posted 12/2/2012 7:55:03 PM
I'm getting an error every time I try and go into the thread :l
---
Gt Shrek81
DONKEH