Anyone share these thoughts with me?

#1MetaXGrossPosted 12/2/2012 8:01:17 PM(edited)
If not, tell me what I can do to better myself.

I loved Halo 3. I was pretty good at it pub-wise. Didn't play Reach much. Hated the Bloom. Only really like Swat.

So now I just got Halo 4 two days ago, and I love it, except for a few things. Mind you, I'm pretty bad at the game so maybe once I get better a lot of the things I hate will change.

1. Bloom. Why is there a need for Bloom? These are futuristic guns, I except them to have no Bloom at all, and little to no recoil. It's really not that big of a deal, just annoying really. Going by todays standards, and I'm pretty ignorant towards guns but I believe the ACR & Vector in real life have very little to no recoil.

2. Power Weapons. Why are there so many? I would much rather get killed by a DMR, BR, LR, Carbine, or a Sniper then to be killed by Shotguns, SAW, Sword, Sticky Detonator, Binary Rifle, or an Incendiary Cannon. I just feel that on the maps(I play Team Slayer)there is too many power weapons. And it pretty much forces me to use the Boltshot Pistol even though I'd rather use a Magnum because I have no defense against Sword users.

3. Ordnance Drop. I've already talked about the power weapons, and I know not all of them will spawn on the map, but I never really liked the idea of rewarding the players that are doing good and winning...making it much easiar for them to do good. Due to that, they get even more power weapons. It just bothers me a lot. And if you're going to have killstreaks rewarding the players for doing good, then why not add in deathstreaks for the players that are doing bad?

4. Specializations. Now as far as I know you can start using them once you hit 50. Awesome. So now for a player like me since I just started playing, I'm only 28. So that means I'm at a disadvantage to other players who have had the game longer. That just bothers the hell outta me.

5. Flinching while zoomed in. At first when I heard that you won't scoop out once you're hit I thought that was awesome. Now, It just annoys me. I haven't yet got used to the flinch so I can never re-adjust my aim when I'm getting shot. Just get rid of it, and bring back the zoom out of scope please.

6. Active Camo. Why is this an Armor Ability? Shouldn't it be an Ordnance Drop? I mean, you have Overshield as one, why not include Camo too?

7. Picking up grenades, Resupply. Now this, just blows my mind. In every Halo game I've played you can always pick up grenades from a dead body. Why did they feel the need to allow you to do that, only if you use the perk? Just bugs me to no end. Did they think players spammed nades too much? I never had a problem with that.

So yeah, there's the end of my rants for now. To finish this, I enjoy Halo 4 a lot and I find it very addicting and fun, I just feel as those things above, and the way certain players play the game ruin it. Yes I know a Ghost spawns on the map, yes I know this or that gun spawn on the map. But YOU choose to use them.

Thanks, and please, if you're going to bash me don't, I'm just looking for help to get better at the game and those things are what I'm having problems with.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#2xxxjakob999xxxPosted 12/2/2012 7:58:35 PM
I can only say wtf at the boltok pistol, get back to gears.

However i'll come out with the same garbage everyone else does, it's modern day gaming, halo has gone mainstream i dunno
#3MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:00:53 PM
xxxjakob999xxx posted...
I can only say wtf at the boltok pistol, get back to gears.

However i'll come out with the same garbage everyone else does, it's modern day gaming, halo has gone mainstream i dunno

wow lol. I don't even play Gears, I just mix that guns name up with it. Sorry. I will edit my post.
---
#4MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:26:58 PM
Bump.
Pointless Topic I guess, I just want to see who shares my thoughts, who doesn't, and how I can get better at the game.
---
#5TheIastspartanPosted 12/3/2012 5:31:19 PM
4. Specializations. Now as far as I know you can start using them once you hit 50. Awesome. So now for a player like me since I just started playing, I'm only 28. So that means I'm at a disadvantage to other players who have had the game longer. That just bothers the hell outta me.

This would be an issue if specializations went into a 3rd perk slot. As it stands they take up the tactical and support slots, meaning to use one you have to sacrifice some of the better perks like mobility, shielding, ammo and dexterity, which you get super early.

I agree with most of your points though.
#6MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:39:16 PM
TheIastspartan posted...

This would be an issue if specializations went into a 3rd perk slot. As it stands they take up the tactical and support slots, meaning to use one you have to sacrifice some of the better perks like mobility, shielding, ammo and dexterity, which you get super early.

I agree with most of your points though.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Well, I guess it's not too big of a deal then lol.

I mean, I also hate that I can't shoot immediately after sprint, but I guess it's not THAT bad...just irritating when I run, turn a corner, and there's an enemy and he gets 1 or 2 shots off first because I can't shoot.
---