Ragnarok is the worst map in the game

#21originlucario9Posted 12/3/2012 5:14:39 AM
I used to like it but everyone sucks on it now, everyone uses dmr so I keep on getting heads shot out of no where, and the first time I go on the mantis was yesterday my own teammate is killing me so I kill him and gets booted. Wtf
#22DarkBlademasterPosted 12/3/2012 5:20:41 AM
It's not a bad map, but it would be nice if I didn't have to play it 80% of the time. Gets old fast.
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#23singhellotakuPosted 12/3/2012 6:23:16 AM
You know how easy a single plasma pistol shot can kill a mantis right?
#24brokenpuzzlePosted 12/3/2012 6:26:29 AM
map has sucked since the H3 beta. Didn't mind it at first, but after a few hours into the real release of H3 and its always been a terrible map. Of any remake to make, why that?
---
gamertag: goM0rdecai
#25pblimp360Posted 12/3/2012 6:28:35 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Everybody's a game design expert around here

Ragnarok is a big awesome mess. If you're not having fun on this map you're doing it wrong. /thread

---
#Halo 4
#26Paragon049(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:54:33 AM
I cannot believe people actually enjoy playing on this map. It has nothing to do with balance, it just isn't fun. The map encourages sitting in one spot with a DMR for minutes on end thanks to most of the map being too wide open and without good cover, as well as being very hard to move around on without getting shot at from people sitting across the map or a Mantis. On the subject of the Mantis: It does nothing but slow the game down and respawns way, WAY too fast. It's like every time a Mantis is destroyed, another is back a minute later.

Not to mention the Banshee, Ghost, and Warthog all being terrible in this game, so even using vehicles on the map isn't fun.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#27cocozimmePosted 12/3/2012 7:25:33 AM
Rakesus posted...
it's just that Ragnarok/Valhalla is just plain too open for DMR/BR starts.
#28gamewarrior88Posted 12/3/2012 7:28:35 AM
Speak for yourself TC...this map is awesome. Glad that they put Valhalla back in this game, since it was my favorite from 3. Also love me some Mantis :)
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#29phillyeagles123Posted 12/3/2012 7:37:27 AM
I wouldn't say Ragnarok is the worst map, but it's definitely overplayed, so I definitely get sick of it. I hate CTF on Ragnarok, since after one team captures a flag first, it basically turns into Slayer for the rest of the match.
#30SeikenZPosted 12/3/2012 7:46:20 AM
The vehicles are awful in this game indeed, so much counters and even a bit focused DMR fire rips them apart. I also wonder why they screwed up on the Banshee evasive manoeuvres as well, how did they even conclude it was any good the way it is now.
---