So why does Hasely feel Spartan 2s are better than 4s?

#1CKnightPosted 12/3/2012 3:13:10 AM
Spartan Ones and 3s are pretty weak, save for Noble Team which were turned into 2s when augmented and given Moljnir armor.

4s only perks seem to be custom armor.
#2Cereal4youPosted 12/3/2012 3:15:08 AM
Cause they are?

They are more Augmented, Stronger, Faster,Smarter, Disciplined, and trained at a young age to become one, so all they knew in life was to be a spartan.
#3Ubergrim3Posted 12/3/2012 3:18:04 AM
The difference between II's and III's isn't much. II's just got MJOLNIR armor. Noble team didn't "become" II's, they were III's with MJOLNIR armor.

And Halsey would of course favor her pet project over newer models, but she's not really wrong. II's are better in most every way, but what makes them better is also morally despicable.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#4VoidBeyondPosted 12/3/2012 3:26:26 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...
The difference between II's and III's isn't much. II's just got MJOLNIR armor. Noble team didn't "become" II's, they were III's with MJOLNIR armor.

And Halsey would of course favor her pet project over newer models, but she's not really wrong. II's are better in most every way, but what makes them better is also morally despicable.

Spartan III's weren't given nearly the amount of attention that Spartan II's got and the augmentations they got was nothing close to what II's got. Along with that III's got WWWAAAYYYY worse armor compared to Mjolnir armor aside from very special III's (Noble, Headhunters, ect) IV's aren't disciplined nearly as much as II's and III's but have better armor than III's, who didn't even get shields with their SPI armor.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#5INFRARED PYTHONPosted 12/3/2012 4:30:19 AM
Spartan IIs have always been the most elite of the bunch because of the level of augmentation they endured. The problem was this augmentation was mostly fatal but yielded great results. The other generations got minor safe augs, but with a lesser potential increase as well.

They want to mass produce weaker Spartans for money purposes and survival purposes which is why the 2s will always be one of a kind. That on top of lifetime training since they were abducted as kinds when the 4s are just enlisted men.
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#6JolteonPosted 12/3/2012 4:37:04 AM
Cause they are?

Pretty much this. IVs have better equipment, and that's basically it.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#7BlindDeadeyePosted 12/3/2012 5:01:46 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...

And Halsey would of course favor her pet project over newer models, but she's not really wrong.

This is virtually the entire reason why she dislikes S-III's and S-IV's. They're both "offshoots" of her project created by people she despises (Ackerson and Paragosky).

VoidBeyond posted...
Spartan III's weren't given nearly the amount of attention that Spartan II's got and the augmentations they got was nothing close to what II's got.

The augmentations were improved versions of the ones the S-II's received. They had a near 0% causality rate. The major difference were in the genes of the S-III's.

The small gene pool that fell under Halsey's conditions ("perfect genes") for the S-II's improved the augmentations normal effects (300% presumed increase in effectiveness turned into 1400% increase in reality) in addition to the increase from the power armor. S-III's that don't fit the conditions will be "inferior" to a S-II but are still capable of superhuman feats.

The members of Noble Team have the "perfect genes" that would produce similar results to a S-II, which is why they were pulled out of their respective companies and given MJOLNIR armor.

Along with that III's got WWWAAAYYYY worse armor compared to Mjolnir armor aside from very special III's (Noble, Headhunters, ect) IV's aren't disciplined nearly as much as II's and III's but have better armor than III's, who didn't even get shields with their SPI armor.

This is pretty much true; SPI armor is just ODST armor with stealth capabilities. Since almost all the S-III's joined the S-IV program though that point may be moot.

Concerning discipline, that is probably more subjective.
---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric
#8SRR CapdownPosted 12/3/2012 5:05:18 AM
Yeah IIs and IIIs were trained from a young age, but IIs got the whole kit; full augments, training, carefully selected and were made up of 'perfect' human specimens etc. IIIs were given less, but safer augmentations and were deployed at much younger ages than IIs.

Potentially IIIs could be as powerful as IIs, but very few lived past their first (usually suicide) missions and reached maturity. Noble Team is one of the few groups of SIIIs to survive their first missions. Noble was also made up of IIIs that were also genetically 'perfect' like the IIs, and thus they took to their augmentations even better and were capable of wearing altered versions of the MJOLNIR armour.

Noble 6 is proof the IIIs had potential to be as good as the IIs though. Noble 6 has the same 'hyper-lethal' designation as John-117, thus meaning he's technically better than all other Spartans, regardless of generation, beside John.

IVs are like the Is, in that they're just marines pumped with drugs. They're not as fast, powerful or smart as the IIs. They have less Spartan training and less discipline too. They're good, but they're probably no better than the standard SIII, they just have better equipment.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#9JolteonPosted 12/3/2012 5:05:34 AM
This is virtually the entire reason why she dislikes S-III's and S-IV's.

I think her dislike for the S-IVs is also colored by the fact that (almost) all of the ones we've been introduced to have acted like undisciplined frat boys. She even made a relatively overt reference to this during the intro movie for Episode 4.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#10VoidBeyondPosted 12/3/2012 5:08:47 AM
Jolteon posted...
This is virtually the entire reason why she dislikes S-III's and S-IV's.

I think her dislike for the S-IVs is also colored by the fact that (almost) all of the ones we've been introduced to have acted like undisciplined frat boys. She even made a relatively overt reference to this during the intro movie for Episode 4.

I think they act like marines, which they were.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.