So why does Hasely feel Spartan 2s are better than 4s?

#11BlindDeadeyePosted 12/3/2012 5:10:35 AM
Jolteon posted...

I think her dislike for the S-IVs is also colored by the fact that (almost) all of the ones we've been introduced to have acted like undisciplined frat boys. She even made a relatively overt reference to this during the intro movie for Episode 4.

True, I did forget that Halsey's first real encounter involved DeMarco and Madsen.
---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric
#12JolteonPosted 12/3/2012 5:21:20 AM
I think they act like marines, which they were.

That's not really relevant to the discussion, unless you're just trying to provide an explanation for why they act unprofessionally. This topic is about why Halsey sees them as inferior to the IIs, and their lack of decorum is a factor.

Jeez though, if Palmer is a former Marine, I wonder why she feels the need to s*** on them so much.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#13eastgotenksPosted 12/3/2012 5:32:48 AM
Spartan 4s are just marines in spartan armor... Spartan 2s were made to be Spartans from a very young age and have extreme discipline and intense augments.
#14JolteonPosted 12/3/2012 5:45:31 AM
From what we've seen so far, I feel like the Spartan-IVs represent a cheapening of the Spartan mantle. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a plot point in the sequels.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#15CKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:59:32 AM
Jolteon posted...
This is virtually the entire reason why she dislikes S-III's and S-IV's.

I think her dislike for the S-IVs is also colored by the fact that (almost) all of the ones we've been introduced to have acted like undisciplined frat boys. She even made a relatively overt reference to this during the intro movie for Episode 4.

I liked that part.

"First we taught them to be silent.......then we taught them to be Spartans."

That line made Palmer sit up straight.

Kind of lame though, we're playing as inferior Spartans in MP but then again she said some S4s were closer than others to being on S2's level.