IMO, I think 343i intends to release the Specializations...

#1R_O_DFanboyPosted 12/3/2012 3:36:05 AM
...With the map packs. What's my reasoning? Well... (FYI, merely speculation on my end, but stay with me here)

If you got the SE, right out of the box 2 Specializations are available once you reach lvl 50, correct?

Now there are 8 total Specializations in-game. My thinking is that if 343i ORIGINALLY intended to release them slowly over time, and NOT all at once, they would probably do so with releasing 2 specializations EVERY map pack release. Now (so far) there are going to be 3 map pack releases.

Release 2 Specializations per map pack = 6 released Specializations by the release of the 3 map packs, making a total of all 8 available Specializations when all is said and done.

Of course I don't think you'd have to purchase the actual map packs to get the Specializations in-game, just like a little update pops-up saying 2 Specializations have been released due to the new map pack being out, or something similar.

Thoughts? Feedback? Like i said, merely speculation, just figure I'd spitball some ideas, seeing as everyone's in chaos over this issue and doesn't really know what's happening. Also, this is my first post in years, but I've been lurking the Halo 4 board for the last few weeks. Been meaning to get into discussion with some of you people haha.
---
"I'd rather die for what I believe, than live a life without meaning." GT: freefallerexe
#2VoidBeyondPosted 12/3/2012 3:37:27 AM
All specializations will be released over time, for free.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#3R_O_DFanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 3:39:14 AM
^
Well, yes, I know that. I even talked about it in my post. I think you might have missed my point, unfortunately.
---
"I'd rather die for what I believe, than live a life without meaning." GT: freefallerexe
#4EinhandrPosted 12/3/2012 4:22:38 AM
R_O_DFanboy posted...
...With the map packs. What's my reasoning? Well... (FYI, merely speculation on my end, but stay with me here)

If you got the SE, right out of the box 2 Specializations are available once you reach lvl 50, correct?

Now there are 8 total Specializations in-game. My thinking is that if 343i ORIGINALLY intended to release them slowly over time, and NOT all at once, they would probably do so with releasing 2 specializations EVERY map pack release. Now (so far) there are going to be 3 map pack releases.

Release 2 Specializations per map pack = 6 released Specializations by the release of the 3 map packs, making a total of all 8 available Specializations when all is said and done.

Of course I don't think you'd have to purchase the actual map packs to get the Specializations in-game, just like a little update pops-up saying 2 Specializations have been released due to the new map pack being out, or something similar.

Thoughts? Feedback? Like i said, merely speculation, just figure I'd spitball some ideas, seeing as everyone's in chaos over this issue and doesn't really know what's happening. Also, this is my first post in years, but I've been lurking the Halo 4 board for the last few weeks. Been meaning to get into discussion with some of you people haha.

I agree 100% with this and I'm pretty sure that is how it's going to happen. On the 16th when the first map pack releases, whether you purchase it or not, a notification will pop up when you load H4 letting you know that 2 more specializations are available.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ducttaped32x - The best unboxing videos on the internet
#5OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/3/2012 4:30:27 AM
I think this is a very well thought out and logical method of releasing the specs over time, it is very well thought out.

which is exactly why I think 343i wont do it that way.

I think it will go something more like this:

If you buy the map pack and play it while connected to XBL within 7 days of the map pack release, and are 17 years old and live in certain countries, you will get an email with a code, if you enter that code on a website, it will give you another code to unlock the next specialization. 27% of the people who follow this process will actually get the email.

thats the 343i way.
---
Board user Level: Master Chief, Awarded to those with Karma of 117
#6Nintendo_toPosted 12/3/2012 4:39:09 AM
OLDBOYvicious posted...
I think this is a very well thought out and logical method of releasing the specs over time, it is very well thought out.

which is exactly why I think 343i wont do it that way.

If you buy the map pack and play it while connected to XBL within 7 days of the map pack release, and are 17 years old and live in certain countries, you will get an email with a code, if you enter that code on a website, it will give you another code to unlock the next specialization. 27% of the people who follow this process will actually get the email.

thats the 343i way.

Lol can't you just say microsoft instead of 343? I want to keep a little faith in them; after all, some Bungie employees stayed behind with us.

On that note though, this does remind me of how they milked consumers like a bodacious cow with the Fable trilogy.
#7R_O_DFanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:55:15 AM
Glad to see some people agree with me. ;P

OLDBOYvicious posted...

thats the 343i way.

lolol This is soooo unnecessary though. It's just a headache thinking about it. What's upsetting is what you said isn't far from what's ACTUALLY going on. -_- I don't understand the logic behind making things complicated and causing fan backlash.

I, personally, aren't too upset of this fiasco. Even though I'm lvl 68 myself, I can sit a the cap for awhile and still enjoy the game. Besides, I got some commendations to finish and armor to unlock, so it's a good change of focus from the "ermahgerd i gotta lvl up to the next specializations asap so i can get kinda alright perks and dont look so noobish around all these sr130 playerzzz" haha.
---