Promethean Legendary Help.

#1SunrayMinorPosted 12/3/2012 8:38:33 AM
Just started playing on Legendary, and have found myself so completely frustrated with Promethean tactics.

So I was wondering if anyone had decent strategies to deal with Knights, when there are more than one. I am currently on 'Forerunner' and just destroyed all the Power Generators and must now ascend to the tower to clear interference.

It's so painful, and I just want to go into a fit of child-like rage. So any suggestions on things you guys found worked really well, is very appreciated.
---
My blackberry dictionary has the word "T*tties" in it... My life is complete..
#2Countachlpsx2Posted 12/3/2012 8:43:46 AM
The easiest way to kill them other than power weapons is suppressor/AR. BUT if there is more than one that can easily shoot you, you need to take the time and DMR/BR/LR one of them. Plasma Pistols can make this easier...

Shotguns/Scattershots work really well too, and may be able to take on 2 at once.

If you see them doing there "watcher" release animation, but not release a watcher, be ready to back up quickly or jump out of the way. They cannot alter their teleportation route once they go.

Auto-sentry's help too, just anything to help keep track of their location.

Once you figure it out, it becomes a lot easier...I had much more trouble in the beginning of legendary than in the end.

Hope this helps.
#3JJ_WheezyPosted 12/3/2012 8:43:56 AM
Lightrifle zoomed in is how I got passed most of them. They are tough but fortunately they are about as aggressive as a jackal when it comes to shooting.

Also, when you get to the next area with generators there will be banshees. Keep a ghost as long as you can when you get one so you can splatter the elite that tries to get into one at the start. Don't bother using the banshee because you will die in it pretty fast. A plasma pistol will help you deal with the other banshees.
#4BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/3/2012 8:45:06 AM
On that part, I just kited them away and legged it into the tower before the dozy Knights could get around the building I'd led them to. Have you tried that approach?
#5SunrayMinor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:49:35 AM
Currently my approach is destroy watchers and run up and then melee the knights, because they soak up so much ammunition I find if you don't hit them in the face.

I have been trying my best to head shot them always but they are very jumpy, and the watchers run away. So I find myself out of ammo before they are even close to dying, which then makes me die so..

I appreciate your answers guys, and will try some of your suggestions.

Cheers
---
My blackberry dictionary has the word "T*tties" in it... My life is complete..
#6jannedaarc1Posted 12/5/2012 9:26:45 AM
Yes - thank you for your help. I am having some troubles as well.

I would suggest that I am a very, very farcry from being considered a great player, but I would suggest I'm passable - beaten every Halo on Legendary. Ultimately it is a matter of figuring out the enemy AI and then leveraging good weapons. In this game...I feel like the Promethean weapons make it very difficult to use well. The light rifle is probably my favorite gun in the game. The Boltshot is only good against the dog-like Prometheans otherwise useless to me, the Suppressor is great against the knights at close range but it is risky to engage them that close. And those are the only three guns available to me at this time. It makes it very annoying.

Oh, I do have a question: to some of the covenant damage "carries over". I.e. if I shoot a Jackal in the arm a couple times, it appears that his HP is permanently reduced. If I shoot an Elite a whole bunch but never drop his shields and they then recharge, then I have essentially done zero damage to him. What is the deal with the knights? It certainly appears they have shields - do they work just like Elites?

Thanks!
#7GuideToTheDarkPosted 12/5/2012 9:30:20 AM
In levels without power weapons and multiple proms in the same area, you run past. In levels with power weapons, you must whore them.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#8Viper_XLTPosted 12/5/2012 9:33:19 AM
I ran through campaign on solo Legendary and my tactics were mainly a combination of the Promethean grenade and AR/Suppressor combination since there always seemed to be plenty of those laying around. The trick is to get that grenade as close to the Knight as possible then just unload. Mind you, you should be fairly close to it when doing so.

Light Rifle for distances was usually pretty effective as well.

Later on, if you acquire a Plasma Pistol, an EMP burst from that followed by a few AR shots or faceshots from a precision weapon and you'll be golden.

Good Luck!
---
"To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done." - 212 Attitude
#9esprailePosted 12/5/2012 9:36:30 AM
jannedaarc1 posted...
Yes - thank you for your help. I am having some troubles as well.

I would suggest that I am a very, very farcry from being considered a great player, but I would suggest I'm passable - beaten every Halo on Legendary. Ultimately it is a matter of figuring out the enemy AI and then leveraging good weapons. In this game...I feel like the Promethean weapons make it very difficult to use well. The light rifle is probably my favorite gun in the game. The Boltshot is only good against the dog-like Prometheans otherwise useless to me, the Suppressor is great against the knights at close range but it is risky to engage them that close. And those are the only three guns available to me at this time. It makes it very annoying.

Oh, I do have a question: to some of the covenant damage "carries over". I.e. if I shoot a Jackal in the arm a couple times, it appears that his HP is permanently reduced. If I shoot an Elite a whole bunch but never drop his shields and they then recharge, then I have essentially done zero damage to him. What is the deal with the knights? It certainly appears they have shields - do they work just like Elites?

Thanks!

Knights do have shields just like elites. The issue is its not so obvious visually as it is with elites. I spent ages popping one or two shots at a time at the first few I met and wondering why they wouldnt die!
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#10jannedaarc1Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:09 AM
^Thanks all. Very helpful.

One thing that really, really bothers me about Halo games is how stupidly and inexplicably inaccurate the guns are...er, I should say the various assault rifles. All the others are fine. But really all - for you and I, yes - if we were standing with an automatic weapon on full burst we'd shoot all over the place. Fine. But the enemies dont have quite such a problem! Oh, and Master Chief is like 8' tall and could benchpress a truck - I'm guessing he could muster a little more long range accuracy. Damn that Suppressor sucks unless you are point blank. Then it is pretty awesome against Knights - but only then.