Why does Halo insist on keeping this archaic preset control schemes system?

#11AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 12:14:15 PM
The Fir Coat posted...
This is the fourth game on the 360 (I suppose its the third if you count ODST as an expansion pack), you would think at some point the control system would catch up to the rest of the industry.

rest of the industry? You listed one game (borderlands 2) as having this... i'm sure we play different games aside from Halo, but I don't think I have any game that lets me set whatever buttons I want.
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#12Link43130Posted 12/3/2012 12:14:30 PM
The Fir Coat posted...
you would think at some point the control system would catch up to the rest of the industry.

Such as what?
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#13Perfec7__Posted 12/3/2012 12:24:37 PM
Link43130 posted...
The Fir Coat posted...
you would think at some point the control system would catch up to the rest of the industry.

Such as what?

Every single PC game ever.
---
Top 5 Anime and Games: 1. Battle Angel Lolita 2/3 Dragon Ball Gran Turismo (GT) 4. Elfen Lied 4. K-Ong 6 Akuira
#14NovaLevossidaPosted 12/3/2012 12:28:30 PM
Most FPS games have the same control scheme because it's rather standard, and it works. Halo doesn't have this control scheme, but then again it plays rather differently than other games with its ridiculous jumping mechanics. The default controls work well enough, but zoom on the control stick just doesn't feel like it belongs there after playing so many other games.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#15Link43130Posted 12/3/2012 12:37:23 PM
Perfec7__ posted...
Link43130 posted...
The Fir Coat posted...

Such as what?

Every single PC game ever.

Minesweeper says hi.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#16tristin809Posted 12/3/2012 1:00:33 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Most FPS games have the same control scheme because it's rather standard, and it works. Halo doesn't have this control scheme, but then again it plays rather differently than other games with its ridiculous jumping mechanics. The default controls work well enough, but zoom on the control stick just doesn't feel like it belongs there after playing so many other games.

Blasphemy. Recon control scheme best control scheme. I love scoping in with RS for halo.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
SSF4AE Mains: Guy & Cody Subs: Gouken & Dee Jay