How could this game be more restrictive than Halo CE?

#1RickGottiPosted 12/3/2012 8:33:25 AM
When did Halo come out? 2001? How could a game that came out 11 years later have less freedom than the original? When you land on Halo, you have a completely open area & pods scattered about that you could track down in any order & in any way you want. Where is this type of freedom in Halo 4? There is not one level in this game that is as good as:

Halo
Silent Cartographer
Truth & Reconciliation

They should concentrate less on trying to impress w/ graphics & more on impressing w/ good levels. This is the first of the halo campaigns that I feel I'm just slogging through
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#2Protoman_X38Posted 12/3/2012 8:35:19 AM
Because they think multiplayer is the only thing that matters.
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#3woolywafflesPosted 12/3/2012 8:36:01 AM
i disagree, halo was always meant to be linier or atleast it always felt that way up untill 3 came out
---
GT: Durgler
#4SahdukPosted 12/3/2012 8:37:50 AM
i am sorry do you want a hug
---
"Such hate flowing through me. Doesn't matter, all just chemical reactions.
Irrelevant. Irrelevant. Irrelevant.
"
#5goggle36Posted 12/3/2012 8:37:56 AM
Funny you guys are saying this. I'm actually really enjoying this campaign and I'm typically one to be pretty critical. But nothing will beat "the Beach mission" from Halo CE.
---
More Perfect
#6RickGotti(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:41:11 AM
goggle36 posted...
Funny you guys are saying this. I'm actually really enjoying this campaign and I'm typically one to be pretty critical. But nothing will beat "the Beach mission" from Halo CE.

That's the "Silent Cartographer". Great level. So is 'Truth & Reconciliation', which is the nighttime sniper mission
---
#7RickGotti(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:41:58 AM
Sahduk posted...
i am sorry do you want a hug

No. My wife gave me a hug this morning. But after the hug, the Halo 4 levels were still lame
---
#8Urdnot_RuntPosted 12/3/2012 9:52:44 AM
Because the demand for better graphics means smaller, more linear and restrictive levels.

Hopefully this will change on the next gen of consoles. I want a Halo game with campaign maps on the level of Turok 2 and Star Wars: SOTE on N64.
#9NemesisX100Posted 12/3/2012 9:57:38 AM
Im pretty sure the last 2 levels later in the game (not THE last level) were just the same 2 levels in the beginning,..except backwards...and with flood.

Ill give props to Silent Cart. just because I spent way too many hours perfecting my warthog bouncing.
---
Gt: HHS Sam
UMVC3: Zero/Ammy/Doom SSF4: Chunbuki Halo4: Chief
#10sonofkorolPosted 12/3/2012 9:58:52 AM
Assault on the Control Room.
Snipe Banshee pilot.
Ride dirty.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."