Something to try if you have a lot of friends who play Halo 4.

#1sonofkorolPosted 12/3/2012 11:15:29 AM
1. Get them all in a custom game.
2. Make sure you're in an XBL party.
3. Go through settings, make em however you guys want. As close as you can to normal KOTH, Oddball, or Slayer works best.
4. Make teams if you want.
5. Pick Relay for the map.
6. Start it up.
7. Play for an hour or so.
8. Write down, collectively, everyone's reasons for why that map is 47 times better than Haven and why it should be in most playlists instead.
9. Form a pact to stop voting for Haven because you've learned the error of your ways.
10. Post on Waypoint forums about how Relay should be in the map rotations.
11. Vote for it every time.
12. ????
13. Profit.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#2pblimp360Posted 12/3/2012 11:16:59 AM
A map being selected a lot doesn't make it bad, only overused. Haven is one of the best maps from any Halo game, so you're wrong on that even if Relay is good.
---
#Halo 4
#3sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:24:05 AM
Haven is awful. Poor lines of sight, no flow, it looks awful, the weapon spawn locations are terrible, there's glitch spots to abuse for Oddball, it's useless for CTF, the hills are to easily defendable, ordnance drops always get stuck in walls, there's no "base areas" to hold out in, the camping spots are too obvious and easily defendable, etc.

People DP that map all night long because they think it's the best thing since sliced bread because they do well on it. Newsflash: it's not hard to do well on that map. You barely need any skill to hold out in one of the cheap spots, you don't need any communication whatsoever for objective modes, you need no real knowledge of the map layout even.

The biggest failing of the map is the lack of flow. You're always doubling back, stopping, camping, sitting somewhere with your thumb up your butt. It's slow-paced awful gameplay. Honestly, get 12 people on Relay and tell me it's not in the top 5 best Halo maps of all time.
---
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#4sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:36:48 AM
This is in no ways a troll post. Seriously. If you have the friends all on at one time, try it and tell me I'm not right. Everything about Relay is classic Halo. It dumps all over the scumpit that is Haven, and until you try it, you'll continue to worship Haven as if it was the new Wizard. Spoiler Alert: Relay plays like Wizard. (minus the exploitable bug spots)
---
#5sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:14:15 PM
And if you're too damn lazy, or don't have many friends, like many Haven-lovers I'm sure have both as an innate quality, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7uv1CyT7M
---
#6sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:08:11 PM
Bump to raise awareness.
---
#7darren19822000Posted 12/4/2012 1:19:05 PM
blogfaqs with himself LOL...relay should be in MM as with the other 2 forge maps. complaining that everyone picks haven is stupid tho. its a good map with good sightlines. im constantly getting hit from everywhere. the hills arent supost to be protected. if it was itd be too easy to hold fop the 25 sec. i have never played ctf on it though so i dont know how it works.

and the oddball glitches have been fixed. ordinances in the walls is prolly due to lag.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#8NevercomingdownPosted 12/4/2012 1:23:14 PM
Looks like a cool map, why isn't it in playlists? It's in the game?

And Haven doesn't suck.. it's just one of the few very good small maps in this game.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#9darren19822000Posted 12/4/2012 1:24:35 PM
Nevercomingdown posted...
Looks like a cool map, why isn't it in playlists? It's in the game?

And Haven doesn't suck.. it's just one of the few very good small maps in this game.

i think its somethign to do with the frame rate. or they are saving them to "make it fresh again" when they release them finally
---
gt darren reefnugs
#10bearded_moosePosted 12/4/2012 1:26:55 PM
Relay?

what's relay?
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12