Spartan Ops is the worst thing ever created in a Halo game

#1bananasandwich1Posted 12/3/2012 2:14:47 PM
I absolutely can't stand playing this useless "side quest" called Spartan Ops. It's boring, tedious, and down right frustrating. They recycle the same levels over and over so that they don't have to write any new programming, which to me shows that they really don't give a crap about whether Spartan Ops is satisfying or not. This was 343's attempt to make their own firefight game type without completely copying Bungie and they failed. The only reason people even play it is because of achievements and the fact that it nets you a good chunk of experience. In Reach's firefight you had to fight waves of covenant, but no matter how many enemies there were I always felt like i had a chance to defeat them all. In Spartan Ops, they send so many at you that it's just cheap. That chapter where your in the Mantis fighting waves of Banshee's and Hunters was a perfect example. It was impossible to beat that by yourself without dying. And when you did die, you'd spawn right next to a group of Hunters and Elites just to get completely obliterated over and over again. I know people are going to say, "Well don't play it by yourself, play with a group of people." The fact of the matter is, a game should just as beatable by yourself then if you were to beat it with multiple people. I love playing this game's multiplayer but Spartan Ops is a failed attempt in every way shape and form.
#2SunDevil77Posted 12/3/2012 2:15:00 PM
Oh.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3jakeDiLLaPosted 12/3/2012 2:16:39 PM
Don't play it then?
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#4bodaciousboxxyPosted 12/3/2012 2:16:42 PM
dang
#5SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/3/2012 2:17:39 PM
Wall o Text or Wall o Crap. I'll never know because why bother reading that blob of crap.

Crap.

Oh I guess I got my answer.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#6Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/3/2012 2:21:50 PM
The only standout thing about Halo is the multiplayer. The story lines to the Halo games have always been boring and tedious and/or repetitive.
#7VoidBeyondPosted 12/3/2012 2:23:13 PM
I beat the Mantis chapter by myself =I
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#8MetaIGearRexPosted 12/3/2012 2:25:19 PM
I hate it too. Good money and resources wasted. They could have spent that time making more MP maps.

Or a game mode that doesn't suck and actually provides players with a challenge.

No challenge = no fun
---
My sarcastic tone doesn't translate over the Internet, which makes me sound like an ass. Usually I mean no offense.
#9bananasandwich1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:28:30 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
I beat the Mantis chapter by myself =I

I beat it also, but I meant beat it without dying multiple times
#10pookiejinPosted 12/3/2012 2:31:10 PM
whilst i do concur that there is no challenge in Spartan Ops due to infinite spawns, how is this really different than Firefight? i have found that the Spartan Ops are a nice shot in the arm and utilizing the same maps is somewhat smart.

the setting is the same because they are investigating a specific area and incident. why would the maps constantly change. it shows that the narrative (however flimsy) is consistant. i like it.

Im not playing Sp.Ops. all day long, but more diversions are always welcome. Play with big guns and shoot aliens. thats Halo.