Halo 4's CTF is flawed.

#1Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/3/2012 1:19:50 PM(edited)
Here are opinions of mine as well as some facts about this game's CTF. I think we took a big step backwards in this gametype and here are some reasons why:

*CTF on Abandon is unfair to the team that must guard the flag that is on the ground as opposed to the flag that resides higher up and on an actual base that provides protection.

*There is no CTF on Meltdown

*There is no CTF on Longbow

*There is no CTF on Vortex

*There is no CTF on Exile

*When in Forge and there is an option to place a flag and capture area, some maps won't even allow CTF in the first place...So why did 343i allow us to even have the option to place a flag and all that stuff on the map in the fist place?

*THE WORST is being placed into a game ALREADY STARTED when your team is LOSING. Even though you have just begun, instantly you are placed into an unfair battleground where the morale of your team is likely weakened or even GONE from trying to play the game and win BUT 343i DID NOT PROVIDE YOUR TEAM WITH TEAMMATES. Are we really supposed to tell ourselves we lost a game that we didn't get to play in its entirety?!? NO. I do not call that a loss, and I never will. For the same reasons I cannot even call that same situation a victory if we were to come back and win. It's just a very confusing issue and I don't know why the hell 343i decided that it was an acceptable idea to place people into matches that have already begun, some long ago too. It is wrong to place any competitor or customer in a situation as foolishly stupid as that. This may be the biggest gripe I have with Halo 4 as a product.

*You CANNOT drop the flag.

I hope to post in this thread often so that maybe somebody from 343i will remember these mistakes for their next game which will probably be absolutely insane if they are taking their heir to the Halo throne seriously and learn the best they can from their mistakes.
#2avianBCPosted 12/3/2012 1:21:52 PM
You didn't even mention the insanely unfair bases in CTF on Complex.

1 flag is beside many buildings and doors.. the other is in the middle of the open. Instant DMR death.
---
"Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine." - Scissors
#3Plezbo_GrundlePosted 12/3/2012 1:23:07 PM
I don't share your worry with Abandon. I think the ground can be held by making it a kill box, you have lots of places from which to defend that flag and the opponent has a lot of places to die.

The lack of variety as far as maps goes is troubling however. There should be more options, and Exile should definitely be one of them. It is sort of sad that the best map of the bunch is Valhalla (Ragnorok, I know, but screw it, Vahalla).

The rest of your complaints are fair. 343 needs to learn from their mistakes, and maybe even correct them in this game. Wouldn't be out of the question to rework a few of these maps.
#4Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 1:24:36 PM
avianBC posted...
You didn't even mention the insanely unfair bases in CTF on Complex.

1 flag is beside many buildings and doors.. the other is in the middle of the open. Instant DMR death.

I don't see an issue there. There is an advantage to the base that get's to play defense near the very open base but I think the map is fun nonetheless. At least the disadvantage isn't as disgusting as the one a team inherits when playing CTF on Abandon.
#5bearded_moosePosted 12/3/2012 1:26:26 PM
agree with Dropping the flag. /you should be able to do so.

agree that Big team objective needs to exist.

disagree with "the worst"
the worst thing in CTF is the same worst thing in oddball or KotH... it's when your whole team is in a firefight and someone dies, and it spawns them ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP from the objective... THEN, as the rest of the team dies, they're all placed adjacent to the guy on the other side of the map...

that nonsense is horse****
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#6pookiejinPosted 12/3/2012 1:26:29 PM
join in progress can be fully averted by simply quitting out and finding another room. this game does not punish you for leaving so dont complain that your forced into anything. Your not on a date with Kobe so you can leave whenever you want.

not being able to drop the flag is a good thing. I recall old games of Halo CTF where one dude would "throw" the flag by jumping and dropping it. it was annoying and not in the spirit of CTF. you want the flag? you are stuck with it. make sure someone is there to back you up.

as for map issues, theres nothing to say besides find strategies. some maps may be unfair, but thats nothing new to online gaming.
#7Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 1:28:25 PM
Plezbo_Grundle posted...
I don't share your worry with Abandon. I think the ground can be held by making it a kill box, you have lots of places from which to defend that flag and the opponent has a lot of places to die.

The lack of variety as far as maps goes is troubling however. There should be more options, and Exile should definitely be one of them. It is sort of sad that the best map of the bunch is Valhalla (Ragnorok, I know, but screw it, Vahalla).

The rest of your complaints are fair. 343 needs to learn from their mistakes, and maybe even correct them in this game. Wouldn't be out of the question to rework a few of these maps.

Please, the map Abandon has a horrendous advantage to the base that is at higher ground. It's not even debatable.

I can see you are one that is optimistic and maybe enjoys an extreme challenge but there is no way that the team that must play defense on the lower areas is going to hold off their opponent consistently unless EVERY member of that team is on the same page and plays incredible defense to begin with.
#8SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/3/2012 1:29:36 PM
Join in Progress for objective type games is stupid. Slayer, sure, whatever, but not objective games.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#9jihadwarriorPosted 12/3/2012 1:30:39 PM
All they need to do is add in 1 Flag. Alternate offense/defense and that nulls all unbalanced maps.
---
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
D3 Hero Profile-http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rambro-1133/hero/4077328
#10Fart ReaverPosted 12/3/2012 1:33:34 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Join in Progress for objective type games is stupid. Slayer, sure, whatever, but not objective games.

I disagree because you're a larger disadvantage when you lose a player in an objective game vs a slayer type. I would never play objective games unless I was in a full party in prior halos because it never failed that one person would quit.
---
West Virginia Mountaineers - Carolina Panthers - Cincinnati Reds