Halo 4's CTF is flawed.

#31Noke0Posted 12/3/2012 7:41:39 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
I have no name posted...
Halo flag running, aka throwing and picking back up to move faster, having to have the timing down and knowing where to throw, is part of Halo. It is Halo CTF. 343 has shown on multiple instances they don't know what Halo is.

What you described is flag juggling, a stupid and annoying exploit Bungie wisely fixed in Reach.

Well "flag juggling" was a very fun-to-do "exploit" that many people didn't seem to mind. It created suspense when the flag dropped from up high and your team just watches it bounce closer to the capture zone. I remember a few games that were won and lost due to the misguiding of the flag or near perfect directing of the flag. Personally, I loved the technique.

Nothing was more exciting than a game of 1 Flag on Burial Mounds or Headlong or Zanzibar when some heroic dude sneaked past all the defenders of a flag that was grabbed and awkwardly left atop some high area and grabs it and then lets if fall. It was crazy. It's like some escaped from freaking hell and just broke out with some treasure that everybody seeks. Lol that's a dumb way of describing it but when you got the flag from up high and just jumped off and passed the flag to your teammates you felt like a new man or woman.

How about colossus. Throw the flag on the conveyor belt and it would bounce to the other side. 8 second capture. Fun stuff to do really and it got to the point where everyone did it.
---
A savior, the worlds kindest Gfaqs user.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64563643
#32I have no namePosted 12/3/2012 7:43:34 PM(edited)
ThePhilocrates posted...
I have no name posted...
ThePhilocrates posted...
I have no name posted...
Halo flag running, aka throwing and picking back up to move faster, having to have the timing down and knowing where to throw, is part of Halo. It is Halo CTF. 343 has shown on multiple instances they don't know what Halo is.

What you described is flag juggling, a stupid and annoying exploit Bungie wisely fixed in Reach.

Except everyone still did it in Reach. It didn't have the speed boost of H2 and H3, but tossing and running was still faster than carrying. Especially when you had sprint.

It also allowed for wonderful plays such as this:

http://www.thetechgame.com/Videos/id=10079/amazing-halo-reach-flag-running-on-mlg-countdown-a-must-see.html

Hush now.

Okay so it's a stupid and annoying exploit they TRIED to fix in Reach. Still glad it's gone. Seeing pathetic MLGers get pissy about it is just icing on the cake.

An exploit? I don't think you understand what an exploit is. Simply throwing a flag, running and picking it back up... or doing what I showed in that video? Not exploits.

BXR? Stuff like that? Exploits.

But hey! Let's take out stuff that requires strategy and other stuff. Skill based stuff. That's cool.

Yeah it totally wasn't an exploit. Bungie meant for the announcer to be screeching "Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken!"

They thought it'd be soothing. And adding a delay in Reach to try and make that trick impossible was just a practical joke I guess.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#33metalclashPosted 12/3/2012 7:43:35 PM
To add to the no dropping flag thing, it's okay to be able to throw the oddball but not to simply drop the flag? Really?
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#34ThePhilocratesPosted 12/3/2012 7:48:42 PM
I have no name posted...
ThePhilocrates posted...
I have no name posted...
ThePhilocrates posted...
I have no name posted...

Except everyone still did it in Reach. It didn't have the speed boost of H2 and H3, but tossing and running was still faster than carrying. Especially when you had sprint.

It also allowed for wonderful plays such as this:

http://www.thetechgame.com/Videos/id=10079/amazing-halo-reach-flag-running-on-mlg-countdown-a-must-see.html

Hush now.

Okay so it's a stupid and annoying exploit they TRIED to fix in Reach. Still glad it's gone. Seeing pathetic MLGers get pissy about it is just icing on the cake.

An exploit? I don't think you understand what an exploit is. Simply throwing a flag, running and picking it back up... or doing what I showed in that video? Not exploits.

BXR? Stuff like that? Exploits.

But hey! Let's take out stuff that requires strategy and other stuff. Skill based stuff. That's cool.

Yeah it totally wasn't an exploit. Bungie meant for the announcer to be screeching "Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken! Flag dropped! Flag taken!"

They thought it'd be soothing. And adding a delay in Reach to try and make that trick impossible was just a practical joke I guess.

I think you're confusing the words exploit and tactic with each other. "Trick" to an extent is also acceptable, or skill.

It was part of Halo. Simple as.
#35I have no namePosted 12/3/2012 7:53:41 PM
ThePhilocrates posted...

I think you're confusing the words exploit and tactic with each other. "Trick" to an extent is also acceptable, or skill.

It was part of Halo. Simple as.

You've still yet to explain why this totally not an exploit caused the announcer to have a seizure and why the developers who totally approved of it would try to make it impossible by adding a delay.

I doubt you ever will.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#36Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:57:00 PM
@Noke0

How about colossus. Throw the flag on the conveyor belt and it would bounce to the other side. 8 second capture. Fun stuff to do really and it got to the point where everyone did it.

I actually never played Colossus much. Back then, I somewhat dreaded the map because it was one I would consistently get chewed up and spat out on. Probably because I never took the effort to even learn where the power weapons were and all that. But that little trick you described is what makes the game of CTF interesting. There isn't anything like that to be found in Halo 4's CTF. The intangibles were abundant in Halo 2. Some still remained in Halo 3. Little to nothing of that good stuff in Halo 4. There are not many exciting scenarios like that anymore. The game is actually oversimplified in this CTF playlist...

I'm never going to bash 343i for not delivering the intangibles because I think those were just a heavenly blessed unexpected gift in abundance that only Halo 2 possessed on such impressive levels. Super jumps, out of map procedures, incredible places to play the role of the stealthy assassin, all that lovely gameplay.
#37metalclashPosted 12/3/2012 8:00:08 PM
Halo 3 sandtrap was pretty baller with the elephants
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#38Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:06:37 PM
metalclash posted...
Halo 3 sandtrap was pretty baller with the elephants

My friend loved honking the elephant horn. I like how when you move it into the middle near sniper spawn everybody gravitates toward it and you can control the influx of the battlezones to your advantage. Ain't none of that available on ANY of the Halo 4 maps which is a darn shame.
#39SeraphLancePosted 12/3/2012 8:25:07 PM
The colossus CTF trick absolutely broke that map, and it shouldn't be mentioned in anything remotely resembling a pro argument.

It was a colossal (no pun intended) physics glitch that let the flag superbounce straight to your base, where the only recourse was a very long trek around. It made most flag grabs guaranteed captures in that map.

Subsequent Halos don't have it because it was a horrible glitch that broke the **** out of the map.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#40Donuts_R_GoodPosted 12/3/2012 8:33:46 PM
I'll never understand why people are so compassionate about flag juggling. I'll never ever understand how people thought it took skill.

Glad that 343 completely did away with it.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.