The Halo series has one of the best vehicle systems of all time.

#1xnxbxaxPosted 12/3/2012 1:36:35 PM
They can be very powerful but at the same time they're easy to destroy.

They definitely got this aspect right.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif
#2CorndogburglarPosted 12/3/2012 1:37:48 PM
Battlefield.

All vehicles are very powerful for certain things, but they also have weaknesses to things that are capable of taking them out in seconds.

Both games are successful with vehicles.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#3xnxbxax(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 1:39:44 PM
Corndogburglar posted...
Battlefield.

All vehicles are very powerful for certain things, but they also have weaknesses to things that are capable of taking them out in seconds.

Both games are successful with vehicles.

BF is good, but leveling up can make them way too powerful in my opinion. If you're playing alone against a team it's so easy to get wrecked by those things.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif
#4darknessryPosted 12/3/2012 1:53:13 PM
80% of the vehicles in are laughable. Almost all of them can be taken out with a plasma grenade or 2. The banshee can be taken out with a starter weapon (or at least severely damaged) quite quickly after the 1st phase is gone. The only ones worth getting into IMO is the Mantis, the Scorpion, the Wrath, Gauss Warthog, and the Mongoose. Yes, the mongoose. Great maneuverability and with a Incineration Cannon, Rocket Launcher and/or Splaser, you may end up getting 5+ kills if you know what you are doing and it is surprisingly fun.

BF has the best system.
---
Face it, Gamefaqs is riddled with asses.
#5nismojoePosted 12/3/2012 3:20:25 PM
xnxbxax posted...
They can be very powerful but at the same time they're easy to destroy.

They definitely got this aspect right.

Battlefiled 3 pc > halo 4
---
"What people claim, and what they can prove are two completely different things." - MKM
My rig - http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=27988
#6ODommPosted 12/3/2012 3:25:00 PM
darknessry posted...
80% of the vehicles in are laughable. Almost all of them can be taken out with a plasma grenade or 2. The banshee can be taken out with a starter weapon (or at least severely damaged) quite quickly after the 1st phase is gone. The only ones worth getting into IMO is the Mantis, the Scorpion, the Wrath, Gauss Warthog, and the Mongoose. Yes, the mongoose. Great maneuverability and with a Incineration Cannon, Rocket Launcher and/or Splaser, you may end up getting 5+ kills if you know what you are doing and it is surprisingly fun.

BF has the best system.

You see, there is a fine line between driving a vehicle... and being good at driving a vehicle.

People see vehicles as indestructible vessels to be taken into the heart of the battlefield for the duration of the match. They're not.
You have to use cover sometimes just as if you were a regular soldier.
That being said, the DMR is still a little too powerful against vehicles.
---
Proud Audiophile
#7Ultima_WraithPosted 12/3/2012 3:27:23 PM
ODomm posted...
darknessry posted...

BF has the best system.

You see, there is a fine line between driving a vehicle... and being good at driving a vehicle.

People see vehicles as indestructible vessels to be taken into the heart of the battlefield for the duration of the match. They're not.

I'll admit on the driving aspect I need more practice to be good, but as far as operating a turret goes, that I can rack up the kills with as long as I have a competent driver paired with me.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#8DeftallicaPosted 12/3/2012 3:29:08 PM
Know what vehicle I miss? The Revenant. This guy:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-48_Light_Assault_Gun_Carriage
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#9darknessryPosted 12/3/2012 3:53:50 PM
ODomm posted...
darknessry posted...

BF has the best system.

And there is a difference at a vehicle being good... and you being good with a vehicle.

Cover doesn't change the fact that durability in general is poor. You argument is like the people saying the PP is useless (just an example don't go into detail about the gun). We know it has its uses but what about that guy that just got a Kilimanjaro with it? Does that make the gun good as an anti-personnel weapon? No. It's the same as it was before.
---
Face it, Gamefaqs is riddled with asses.
#10SeikenZPosted 12/3/2012 4:04:26 PM
ODomm posted...
darknessry posted...

BF has the best system.

I was just going to say, I have to find cover with my Banshee all the time (in Ragnarok), that thing doesn't last 5 seconds otherwise. A lot of the time I lean against that arch with the little stream until I see a viable target, but the game sees it as leaving the battlefield LOL and it wants me out in the open ASAP.

Also, one time I did an evasive roll to the left in and I still ended up in the same spot more or less, u s e l e s s. They must've thought it was OP to evade or something in combination with that thick armor, oh wait...
---