Is anyone else a little annoyed witth Exile?

#1PDGMTGPosted 12/3/2012 5:06:23 PM
I love the map itself, the concept and design is great, even if the spawns are a little limited. My big pet peeve with this map comes from the lack of a second Gauss hog for red spawn. This makes the map really unbalanced, and the red team only has a chance of winning if blue team is stupid and rushes with their hog. However, if they sit back a bit they'll dominate the whole game and easily win.

I could see the logic if the red team had a closer spawn to the tank or banshee, but they don't seem to. Has anyone else really noticed this issue?
---
-Just Some Random
TheSocialRev.com
#2SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/3/2012 5:08:14 PM
On dominion isn't the only Wraith on the Red side? If so, that evens it out a little bit, but I agree that one side shouldn't spawn on top of the hog.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3I have no namePosted 12/3/2012 5:10:30 PM
I never see the gauss hog dominating a match the way people say it does. If you have an entire team too dumb to figure out plasma pistol+stickies they're probably gonna lose regardless of the vehicles.

What bugs me about that map is what bugs me about every BTB map: Since the only possible gametype is slayer every single match is decided by which team is willing to spend the entire game camping in the middle of the map.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#4MetaIGearRexPosted 12/3/2012 5:10:37 PM
I hate that map, more than any other.
---
My sarcastic tone doesn't translate over the Internet, which makes me sound like an ass. Usually I mean no offense.
#5SR71haloPosted 12/3/2012 5:18:02 PM(edited)
What makes it just a little unbalanced for me is the tank spawn. I swear that thing spawns closer to the red team, they always seem to get it first.
---
Now Leave!
#6Pacman2dxPosted 12/3/2012 5:34:30 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
I hate that map, more than any other.

This.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
'' If your heart is bleeding make the best of it -- there's heat in freezing be a testament '' ..
#7Ephidel88Posted 12/3/2012 5:42:33 PM
Exile is the bane of my BTB existance.

Forget the gauss hog. Whoever gets the tank first (unless it's someone who is either terrible with it, or has noone covering him/her) wins. Single scorpions are a bad idea on any map.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#8LiquidNPosted 12/3/2012 5:46:51 PM
I would rather play Ragnarok. I am all for big maps but the larger maps in Halo 4 pale in comparison to older ones such as Avalanche/Sidewinder, Blood Gultch and Valhalla, just to name a few. I hope 343 gives us at least one more remake because I really am not in love with any of the new maps yet. Other than maybe Haven or Abandon.