"it's okay, tell the spartans to go home... WE'RE MARINES WE GOT THIS"

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 12/3/2012 6:10:16 PM
Post your favorite (or most hated) marine moment

On infinity i opted to try the warthog with marines instead of the scorpion. I decided it wasn't working so I got out of the driver's seat and immediately a marine hops in and runs me over. This was after I spent a good 10 minutes driving back and forth to do damage on the ghosts/wraith.
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#2cougarman21Posted 12/3/2012 6:25:57 PM
has to be Halo 2... i dont remember the name of the mission, but the one when you teleport from earth to the new installation.

It was nothing special, but fighting side by side with the ODSTs for the first time kicked ass.

I want to get the ODST emblem tattooed on my arm honestly
---
XBL: Juice el Savior
Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO, The Walking Dead, and random Fire Emblem GBA Hacks...
#3Gruntpunk72Posted 12/3/2012 7:02:39 PM
cougarman21 posted...
has to be Halo 2... i dont remember the name of the mission, but the one when you teleport from earth to the new installation.

It was nothing special, but fighting side by side with the ODSTs for the first time kicked ass.

Just don't ever tell the truth when some chick at a bar asks you what it means.

"Wow cool tatoo, Skull with fire.. what's ODST mean?"

"Oh it means Orbital Dr-err.. I mean.. it's our band logo.."
---
"Walk up to someone, anyone, and tap them on the shoulder. When they turn around, YOU RIP THEIR HEART OUT"-duckfreek
#4cougarman21Posted 12/4/2012 4:56:20 AM
Gruntpunk72 posted...
cougarman21 posted...

Just don't ever tell the truth when some chick at a bar asks you what it means.

"Wow cool tatoo, Skull with fire.. what's ODST mean?"

"Oh it means Orbital Dr-err.. I mean.. it's our band logo.."

thats good lol... that is actually one of two problems i have with getting the tattoo... the other being that i dont like pain.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO, The Walking Dead, and random Fire Emblem GBA Hacks...
#5The_MadnessPosted 12/4/2012 5:04:35 AM(edited)
People don't seem to realize, these Spartan-IV's are marines. The whole legend and myth of a Spartan is out the door.

Remember in Halo 1 and 2 going anywhere as Chief, and Marines and civilians gasping that they see a Spartan and it gives them hope?

Yeah, let's see if they do the same when you have basic Marines in Spartan armor.

Anyone can see the dude-bro Spartans lead by Palmer in Spartan Ops.

Compare them to Chief, Noble Team etc.

We've gone from "I kill the enemy, but I do not hate them" to "Let's go show these freaks who god is, HOO-RAH" etc.

i facepalm myself, when I hear Palmer or Miller talk. Emile was a hardass, but he understood what being a Spartan meant. No fear, honor, respect etc. He manned the cannon first and would have stayed behind had those Elites not ambushed him etc.

I just hate how we've gone from amazing characters like Captain Keyes, Admiral Hood, Liutenant Commander Miranda Keyes, SGT. Johnson, Noble Team to the like of Captain Del Rio, Sarah Palmer, Jim Miller and now Roland.
#6cougarman21Posted 12/4/2012 5:07:16 AM
The_Madness posted...
People don't seem to realize, these Spartan-IV's are marines. The whole legend and myth of a Spartan is out the door.

Remember in Halo 1 and 2 going anywhere as Chief, and Marines and civilians gasping that they see a Spartan and it gives them hope?

Yeah, let's see if they do the same when you have basic Marines in Spartan armor.

Anyone can see the dude-bro Spartans lead by Palmer in Spartan Ops.

Compare them to Chief, Noble Team etc.

Well thats the thing though... even the Spartan IVs are like "Holy Crap thats MC" We never got to see a II or III on Earth in Halo 4... yes i do know that when they first come across him in the campaign its no biggie, but those Spartan IVs are supposedly the best that the UNSC has to offer, they were in a tight situation and werent removed from said situation until the ending of the game. So we really dont know what the deal is postgame.

Lasky, Palmer, and the other main guy with a name, they all knew Chief personally and im sure they werent surprised to find him on a forerunner planet giving the Covenant ten kinds of hell
---
#7haloiscoolisbakPosted 12/4/2012 6:24:11 AM
Halo CE:, second level. I always loved being part of a squad in games, and I loved being one of the dudes in this level. There's one part, which I always saved for last, where there are marines hiding among rocks. You go help them then after a while they retreat up a hill to a cliff's edge. There was usually 7-8 dudes and it was so fun fighting alongside them all.

As a kid I thought this was the s***.
---
:|
#8I have no namePosted 12/4/2012 6:58:14 AM
The_Madness posted...

I just hate how we've gone from amazing characters like Captain Keyes, Admiral Hood, Liutenant Commander Miranda Keyes, SGT. Johnson, Noble Team to the like of Captain Del Rio, Sarah Palmer, Jim Miller and now Roland.

Yeah it's so sad how we've gone from generic sci-fi cliches to other generic sci-fi cliches.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#9ExtraspectrePosted 12/4/2012 7:24:50 AM
I have no name posted...
The_Madness posted...

Yeah it's so sad how we've gone from generic sci-fi cliches to other generic sci-fi cliches.

Lasky and Roland are okay. I like that they are trying to give an AI a sense of humor, and childishness.

Palmer is pretty awful, I can't deny.

Noble team was never that great btw(besides Jorge).
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#10SRR CapdownPosted 12/4/2012 7:42:29 AM
No Marine has or will ever make me rage as much as Kat trying to drive a hog in Reach.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif