Honestly, why weren't Trueskill ranks included at launch?

#11SahdukPosted 12/3/2012 6:14:20 PM
OLDBOYvicious posted...
according to 343i they needed time to beta test the trueskill system in a real time matchmaking environment and running simulations on over several million virtual users was too intensive and would have pushed back the release.

considering everything else they have botched I dont really buy this excuse

343 doesnt beta test anything. calling bull****.
---
"Such hate flowing through me. Doesn't matter, all just chemical reactions.
Irrelevant. Irrelevant. Irrelevant.
"
#12HighVoltage87Posted 12/3/2012 6:17:47 PM
Because CoD doesn't have it. That is a serious answer. As much as people want to deny it, 343 looked heavily at what CoD does and mimicked them. Simple as that.
---
Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid.
#13OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/3/2012 6:18:18 PM
Sahduk posted...
OLDBOYvicious posted...
according to 343i they needed time to beta test the trueskill system in a real time matchmaking environment and running simulations on over several million virtual users was too intensive and would have pushed back the release.

considering everything else they have botched I dont really buy this excuse

343 doesnt beta test anything. calling bull****.

ditto, I call BS on 343 because it seems like they do whatever they can to make money and when the job they rushed and slapped together starts falling apart, the only interaction with the community is a bunch of excuses instead of addresing any of the issues.
---
Board user Level: Master Chief, Awarded to those with Karma of 117
#14yomamma297(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:19:24 PM
I honestly don't care about meaningless ranks like are in Halo Reach and CoD. I loved having a Trueskill rank. Sure, the system isn't perfect but it is so much more rewarding to rank up in that system. Gives me more to play for.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#15SeraphLancePosted 12/3/2012 6:22:08 PM
HighVoltage87 posted...
Because CoD doesn't have it. That is a serious answer. As much as people want to deny it, 343 looked heavily at what CoD does and mimicked them. Simple as that.

From my understanding, having never played the aforementioned game, Halo 4 borrows a lot more from Blacklight Retribution than it does CoD. BLR just happens to have some commonalities with CoD so people just (wrongly) skip the middleman.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#16BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/3/2012 6:30:12 PM
yomamma297 posted...
BurnsDepartment posted...
I think the game was rushed out to beat Blops 2.

This really wouldn't surprise me at all. Big mistake by 343 if that's what happened. Better to take your time and turn out a better product, especially after the last iteration generated so much controversy.

Yup. Particularly given that they're a new developer (I think?) stepping into some really important shoes, so people don't know what they're like.

Rushing the game like this with the first map pack coming out so soon would seem to give folks a bad first impression of 343, and 343 no time to fix that impression before the first DLC is out.
So they'll probably not get nearly as many people putting their trust in 343 by buying the Season Pass.

And people who hear about the game being rushed may well wait until it's fixed to buy it, at which point it'll be cheaper.
So overall, I really don't think rushing the game will have been worthwhile.
#17metalclashPosted 12/3/2012 6:33:35 PM
iRGush posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...
iRGush posted...
xoAxelox posted...
bad game designers

I'm surprised on what kinds of things they messed up coming out of something like reach

Especially since 343 is suppose to be made up of the designers and technicians that are suppose to be big time fans of the game as well.

I don't being a fan qualifies them anymore than someone else. They designed the game around btb.

How did they design the game around BTB? (actually curious for your reasoning, not flaming/starting an arguement)
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#18HighVoltage87Posted 12/3/2012 6:58:22 PM
SeraphLance posted...
HighVoltage87 posted...

From my understanding, having never played the aforementioned game, Halo 4 borrows a lot more from Blacklight Retribution than it does CoD. BLR just happens to have some commonalities with CoD so people just (wrongly) skip the middleman.

So, 343 decided to copy from a not-nearly-as-popular title (one I haven't heard of and more than likely copied CoD), instead of copying from the super popular, top selling SERIES?

I strongly doubt this.
---
Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid.