I remember when...

#1Gregsp2Posted 12/3/2012 5:39:56 PM
Halo was game full of serious gamers who used head sets and talked strategy. Now it's just an XP grab with a bunch noobs that just run out and exchange kills. Where are the real gamers?

One thing I am not sure of is if its the developers fault or the players. Either way it's sad.
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 5:41:13 PM
Gregsp2 posted...
Where are the real gamers?

apparently b****ing about newbs on the internet instead of playing.

And for the record, your complaint has accompanied every release of every multiplayer game ever.
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#3CKnightPosted 12/3/2012 5:44:21 PM
I remember Halo being rampant with racism during the time of the so called serious players. Now, not so much.
#4Gregsp2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:44:50 PM
Thanks for that input? Can you honestly say you don't remember playing halo 2 when almost every player was mic'd and you could get players that would actually say where guys were so you could help them? And when did Gamefaqs turn into a place where you get attacked for everything you say?
#5kjs7Posted 12/3/2012 5:46:16 PM
Gregsp2 posted...
Thanks for that input? Can you honestly say you don't remember playing halo 2 when almost every player was mic'd and you could get players that would actually say where guys were so you could help them? And when did Gamefaqs turn into a place where you get attacked for everything you say?

I don't think you remember the community of Halo 2 very well...
---
;)
Steam: goo.gl/2r6pC PSN: kschroen Xbox Live/Origin: Bobaliciousj
#6AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 5:46:49 PM
CKnight and I are IMing right now on our strategies to attack people for anything they say.
---
#7AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 5:48:06 PM
kjs7 posted...
Gregsp2 posted...

he was probably playing system link.
---
#8Gregsp2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:48:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Wolfsangel90Posted 12/3/2012 5:49:12 PM
kjs7 posted...
Gregsp2 posted...

To be fair, most people did have mic's, at least for a significant period of time after it first came out (probably most people's first time playing on Live, so it was pretty novel at the time). As far as helpfulness goes...maybe every few games you might find somebody that wasn't an annoying 12-year-old, racist, or troll...so theres that.
---
And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace.
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#10AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 5:50:07 PM
I wasn't attacking. It's just a statement. Every multiplayer game sequel is seem as having more newbs and less coordination than the previous one.

the game just came out. you're almost certainly remembering when the Halo 2 community had settled, and just the most dedicated of halo 2 fans remained. Reach is probably like that right now. Halo 4 will be like that in a year.
---